Hart's on Fire: Sea Dogs Beat Hartford 5-2
Portland, Maine - Kyle Hart set the tone with seven strong innings and the Sea Dogs (12-21) defeated the Hartford Yard Goats (19-18) 5-2 in the series opener on Monday night at Hadlock Field.
Hart (W, 3-4) hurled a season-high seven innings and allowed two runs on four hits while walking three and fanning seven. The southpaw has a quality start in three of his last four outings.
The scoring began in the bottom of the second on a leadoff home run by Bobby Dalbec over the Maine Monster, his seventh of the season and fourth in the past two games.
The Sea Dogs took a 3-0 lead in the third on an RBI triple by Brett Netzer and a sac fly by CJ Chatham.
Hartford plated a run off of Hart in the fourth on a two-out RBI single from Arvicent Perez. The Goats scored again with two outs in the sixth on a double by Alan Trejo.
Ashton Goudeau allowed three runs on six hits over six innings, he walked one and struck out seven.
Portland was able to pull away in the eighth with two runs off of Jordan Foley. Foley walked Dalbec with the bases loaded and Cody Asche added a sac fly to make it 5-2.
Brian Ellington worked a scoreless eighth for the 'Dogs. Daniel McGrath (SV, 1) earned his first save of the season with a perfect ninth.
The three-game series continues on Tuesday night at Hadlock Field with a 6:00 PM start. RHP Denyi Reyes (0-4, 5.74) opposes Hartford LHP Jacky Wynkoop (2-5, 3.15). Radio coverage on the WPEI U.S. Cellular Sea Dogs Radio Network begins at 5:45 PM. The game is available on the tune-in app and MiLB.TV.
Tickets for any game at Hadlock Field can be purchased at 207-879-9500 or seadogs.com. Book your nine inning vacation today!
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 13, 2019
- Baysox Win Streak Snapped in Akron - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Take a Pair from Trenton, 2-1 & 4-1 - Harrisburg Senators
- SeaWolves Hurt by Home Runs in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Thunder Swept by Senators in Twin Bill - Trenton Thunder
- RubberDucks Score Early, Cruise to Victory - Akron RubberDucks
- Hart's on Fire: Sea Dogs Beat Hartford 5-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Need Hart to Beat Yard Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Fightin Phils Rained out on Monday Night - Reading Fightin Phils
- Monday's Fisher Cats - Fightin Phils DH Postponed - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rain Washes Away Series Opener against Altoona - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve-Rumble Ponies Postponed in Binghamton - Altoona Curve
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #32 Rumble Ponies (19-12) vs. Altoona Curve (17-15) - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 13th vs. Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Bobby Dalbec Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League Weekly Award Winners Announced for May 6th-May 12th - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.