Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Thursday re-signed goaltender Pat Nagle to a one-year contract.
A native of Bloomfield, Mich., Nagle enjoyed the best campaign of his seven-year pro career in 2017-18, his first as a member of the Toledo Walleye, the Griffins' ECHL affiliate. His league-high 37 wins (37-6-4) set a Toledo mark and tied for the third-most in ECHL history, falling just one shy of the record.
Nagle led the Walleye to a Central Division title and the second-best record (50-17-3-2, 105 pts.) in the ECHL last season while placing among the circuit's leaders with 50 goalie games played (1st), three shutouts (T4th), a career-best 0.924 save percentage (5th) and a 2.23 goals against average (6th) that tied his personal-best set the previous season.
Along the way to earning All-ECHL Second Team honors, he participated in his first ECHL All-Star Game and was named the league's Goalie of the Month for both November (7-1-1) and February (8-0-0). In the midst of his landmark season, Nagle posted a 10-game winning streak (Jan. 27-March 2) as part of his franchise-record 17-game point run (15-0-2 from Jan. 24-March 18).
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound netminder capped off three standout seasons (2014-17) with the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets by tallying a 15-3-4 record, a 2.23 GAA and a 0.916 save percentage in 25 appearances during the 2016-17 campaign. If he had played enough minutes to qualify, Nagle would have placed third in the league in GAA and eighth in save percentage that year.
Nagle has appeared in 272 ECHL games since 2011-12 with Florida, Idaho, Fort Wayne and Toledo, amassing a 160-65-28 record, a 2.54 GAA, a 0.914 save percentage and 13 shutouts. As a rookie with Florida, he helped the Everblades capture the Kelly Cup in 2012.
Nagle logged two games with the Griffins in 2014-15 and picked up a win while showing a 0.78 GAA and a 0.971 save percentage. The 30-year-old has competed in seven career AHL games since 2012-13 between Grand Rapids, Syracuse, Rochester and Utica, going 1-4-0 with a 3.23 GAA and a 0.900 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, Nagle played four seasons at Ferris State University (CCHA) from 2007-11 and ranks among the school's all-time leaders with 45 wins (3rd), a 2.32 GAA (3rd) and a 0.916 save percentage (T2nd). As a senior in 2010-11, he was named a CCHA First-Team All-Star after posting a 2.02 GAA and a 0.923 save percentage.
With the release of the Griffins' 2018-19 schedule, group tickets for all home dates at Van Andel Arena are now on sale, along with 2018-19 season ticket packages. Single-game tickets will go on sale to the public on Sept. 14. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Cronin Named Colorado Eagles Head Coach - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign F Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL One-Way Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Acquire Hinostroza, Oesterle, Hossa and 2019 Third Round Draft Choice from Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Derek Lalonde Named Assistant Coach with Tampa Bay - Iowa Wild
- Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Sign Scott Moldenhauer to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Chris Forney to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners' Summer in Swing with Signings, Schedule, Community Project - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Sign Maggio to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Announces Partnership with Laval Police to Benefit Special Olympics Quebec - Laval Rocket
- Sabres Sign Malone to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Agree to Terms with Six Players - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Learning the AHL: Development - Belleville Senators
- Canes Agree to Terms with Greg McKegg - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Sign Reid Gardiner to a One-Year Deal - Utica Comets
- Checkers Sign Dennis Robertson to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.