Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed forwards Joseph Cramarossa, Jarrett Burton and Troy Josephs as well as defenseman Kevin Spinozzi to American Hockey League contracts for the 2018-19 season.
Cramarossa returns to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton after spending the latter half of the 2017-18 campaign with the Penguins. Acquired in a Valentine's Day trade with the Stockton Heat, Cramarossa went on to produce six goals and six assists for 12 points in 28 games as a Penguin. Combined with his stats from the first half of season with Stockton, the Markham, Ontario native earned a career-high 22 points (9G-13A).
Cramarossa, 25, has played 229 career games in the American Hockey League, and he has 26 goals, 27 assists, 53 points and 269 penalty minutes in that time. Cramarossa was originally drafted by the Anaheim Ducks in the third round (65th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft after playing for the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors in the 2011 Memorial Cup tournament.
Burton also had a strong 2017-18 season with the Penguins, posting AHL career highs in goals (9), assists (10), points (19) and games played (52). The two-way forward has played the entirety of his AHL career with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, previously skating for the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers. In 232 professional games played, Burton has 51 goals and 61 assists for 112 career points.
Josephs spent the majority of last season with the Nailers, and during 43 games in a Nailers uniform, he posted 36 points (16G-20A). The rookie also notched his first career hat trick on Feb. 2, 2018 against the Indy Fuel. Josephs skated in four games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton last season, as well, but did not produce any points in that time.
Originally a seventh round pick (209th overall) by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Josephs turned pro last season after a four-year career at Clarkson University. The 24-year-old from Whitby, Ontario also won the 2013 Ontario Junior Hockey League championship as a member of the St. Michael's Buzzers.
Spinozzi, 22, was an undrafted free agent who made Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's team out of training camp on a professional tryout agreement. He ultimately signed an AHL contract with the club on Dec. 16, 2017 and posted two assists in 16 games. The rookie defenseman also appeared in 12 games for Wheeling, registering two goals and three assists for five points in that time.
Season ticket packages for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's 20th season of hockey, including full season, 22-game, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by contacting the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Cronin Named Colorado Eagles Head Coach - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign F Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL One-Way Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Acquire Hinostroza, Oesterle, Hossa and 2019 Third Round Draft Choice from Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Derek Lalonde Named Assistant Coach with Tampa Bay - Iowa Wild
- Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Sign Scott Moldenhauer to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Chris Forney to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners' Summer in Swing with Signings, Schedule, Community Project - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Sign Maggio to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Announces Partnership with Laval Police to Benefit Special Olympics Quebec - Laval Rocket
- Sabres Sign Malone to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Agree to Terms with Six Players - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Learning the AHL: Development - Belleville Senators
- Canes Agree to Terms with Greg McKegg - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Sign Reid Gardiner to a One-Year Deal - Utica Comets
- Checkers Sign Dennis Robertson to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Announces 20th Season Schedule
- Penguins Begin 20th Season at Home on October 6
- Penguins Sign O'Neill, Haggerty, McGrath and Brown
- Penguins Announce Opening Date, Guaranteed Home Games