Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Thursday that Greg Rallo has been hired as an assistant coach for the Milwaukee Admirals.
The move comes after Karl Taylor was named head coach of the Admirals on June 29. Rallo will join Scott Ford as assistants under Taylor.
The 36-year-old native of Gurnee, Ill., recently completed a 12-year professional playing career that included stops in the NHL, AHL, ECHL and the German professional league. He spent last season with the AHL's Texas Stars - where Taylor was an assistant coach - and tallied 11 points (5g-6a) in 29 games.
Rallo competed in 11 NHL games with the Florida Panthers from 2011-13 and scored his first career NHL goal on April 2, 2013, against the Tampa Bay Lightning. In 615 career AHL contests, Rallo compiled 165 goals and 177 assists for 342 points, including a career-high 54 (26g-28a) with Texas in 2010-11. His AHL career featured stints with six different clubs and saw him captain the San Antonio Rampage in 2013-14 and serve as an alternate captain for the Stars in 2015-16. Rallo also won the 2007 Kelly Cup as ECHL champion with the Idaho Steelheads, where he had 31 points (13g-18a) in 37 games.
Prior to his professional career, Rallo played four seasons for Ferris State University in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association from 2002-06, where he had 108 points (46g-62a) in 152 games. He also produced 1.30 points per game in junior hockey as a member of the North American Hockey League's Springfield Jr. Blues from 2000-02.
Rallo and the Admirals will kick off the season in Austin against the Stars on October 6, with the home opener set for October 13 at 6 pm at Panther Arena.
While individual tickets will go on sale in September, season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale and start for as little as $135. For more information on season tickets fans should call the Admirals office at 414-227-0550 or log on to www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Cronin Named Colorado Eagles Head Coach - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign F Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL One-Way Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Acquire Hinostroza, Oesterle, Hossa and 2019 Third Round Draft Choice from Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Derek Lalonde Named Assistant Coach with Tampa Bay - Iowa Wild
- Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Sign Scott Moldenhauer to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Chris Forney to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners' Summer in Swing with Signings, Schedule, Community Project - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Sign Maggio to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Announces Partnership with Laval Police to Benefit Special Olympics Quebec - Laval Rocket
- Sabres Sign Malone to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Agree to Terms with Six Players - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Learning the AHL: Development - Belleville Senators
- Canes Agree to Terms with Greg McKegg - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Sign Reid Gardiner to a One-Year Deal - Utica Comets
- Checkers Sign Dennis Robertson to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.