Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs today announced they are sponsoring the second annual rubber duck race at this year's "Anything That Floats" event down the Rock River on Sunday, Aug. 12. Rubber Ducks for the race can be purchased at $5 per duck or $20 for five ducks, with proceeds benefitting local charities. The participant whose duck finishes the race first will receive a grand prize of $1,000.
Tickets for duck purchases can be purchased at select locations in Rockford, including the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, Prairie St. Brewhouse (including Dinner on the Docks) and Owley Oop. Participants have the option of purchasing individual ticket entries into the rubber duck race for $5, or a pack of five ticketed entries for $20.
The race will be held on Aug. 12 at approximately 3 p.m. The rubber ducks will be dropped into the river off Whitman St. Bridge and will float towards the Prairie St. Brewhouse. Cash prizes of $1,000, $500 and $250 will be awarded to the first, second and third-place finishers of the duck race, respectively, and additional prizes for participants will include an IceHogs suite for one game during the 2018-19 hockey season, game-worn memorabilia, an autographed IceHogs stick and several tickets to Hogs home games for the upcoming campaign.
A portion of this year's proceeds will benefit local charities, including Rockford Fourt of July and Holiday Lighting efforts, the Rock River Trail Initiative and the Ski Broncs.
The "Anything that Floats" event, which returns for a third year this summer, will begin along the Rock River near Whitman St. Bridge in downtown Rockford and culminate in front of the Prairie St. Brewhouse.
For additional information or ticket purchases, contact the IceHogs front office at (815) 986-6465 or visit rratfr.com.
Season Tickets for 2018-19 on Sale Now:
Don't miss a moment of the action by reserving your seats for the IceHogs' 20th season of professional hockey in Rockford and 12th as the top AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks. The IceHogs' home opener is set for Oct. 13 and ticket packages begin as low as $105 for a seven-game mini pack. Please contact us at (815) 847-6399 or visit icehogs.com to claim your spots for this upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Cronin Named Colorado Eagles Head Coach - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign F Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL One-Way Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Acquire Hinostroza, Oesterle, Hossa and 2019 Third Round Draft Choice from Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Derek Lalonde Named Assistant Coach with Tampa Bay - Iowa Wild
- Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Sign Scott Moldenhauer to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Chris Forney to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners' Summer in Swing with Signings, Schedule, Community Project - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Sign Maggio to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Announces Partnership with Laval Police to Benefit Special Olympics Quebec - Laval Rocket
- Sabres Sign Malone to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Agree to Terms with Six Players - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Learning the AHL: Development - Belleville Senators
- Canes Agree to Terms with Greg McKegg - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Sign Reid Gardiner to a One-Year Deal - Utica Comets
- Checkers Sign Dennis Robertson to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Bring Your Dog to the BMO for Wednesday's Game vs. Milwaukee
- Delia Recalled by Blackhawks, Lankinen Reassigned to IceHogs
- Week 11 Report: Hot Hogs Roll to Points in 3 of 3
- Delia, Third-Period Flurry Fuel Hogs Past Griffins
- Hogs Fors Overtime, Notch Point in Loss to Texas