Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, announced Thursday that forward Michael Joly has been signed to an AHL contract with the Eagles for the 2018-19 season. The 23 year-old scored a league-leading 41 goals and added 26 assists in 52 regular season games with the Eagles during the 2017-18 campaign, earning him a spot on the ECHL's First All-Star Team. He would go on to help lead Colorado to the team's second-straight Kelly Cup Championship, notching 29 points in 24 postseason contests, ultimately being named the 2018 ECHL Kelly Cup Playoff MVP. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound winger also appeared in 19 AHL games with the San Antonio Rampage, collecting three goals and four assists.
Joly compiled a rookie season in 2016-17 that saw him notch 23 goals and 17 assists in just 29 games with the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. In addition, the Gatineau, Quebec native also appeared in 28 AHL contests with the Hartford Wolf Pack, collecting six goals and six assists. In four seasons of play at the major-junior level, Joly registered 128 goals and 108 assists in 219 games with Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound winger scored 44 goals and added 30 assists in 64 games during the 2013-14 campaign, while scoring 33 goals in his final season with Rimouski.
The 2018-19 regular season home schedule kicks off on Friday, October 5th when the Eagles host the Chicago Wolves. A complete schedule can be found at www.ColoradoEagles.com. Season tickets for the 2018-19 season are on-sale now and can be reserved with a $100 deposit per seat by calling the Eagles ticket office at 970-686-SHOT (7468).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Win Cash, IceHogs Prizes at Anything That Floats Race on August 12 - Rockford IceHogs
- Cronin Named Colorado Eagles Head Coach - Colorado Eagles
- Thunderbirds Sign F Harry Zolnierczyk to AHL One-Way Contract - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Griffins Re-Sign Goaltender Pat Nagle - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Coyotes Acquire Hinostroza, Oesterle, Hossa and 2019 Third Round Draft Choice from Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Derek Lalonde Named Assistant Coach with Tampa Bay - Iowa Wild
- Joly Signs AHL Contract with Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Gulls Sign Scott Moldenhauer to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls Sign Chris Forney to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners' Summer in Swing with Signings, Schedule, Community Project - Tucson Roadrunners
- Penguins Sign Cramarossa, Burton, Josephs and Spinozzi - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Roadrunners Sign Maggio to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Announces Partnership with Laval Police to Benefit Special Olympics Quebec - Laval Rocket
- Sabres Sign Malone to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Agree to Terms with Six Players - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Greg Rallo Named Assistant Coach for Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Learning the AHL: Development - Belleville Senators
- Canes Agree to Terms with Greg McKegg - Charlotte Checkers
- Comets Sign Reid Gardiner to a One-Year Deal - Utica Comets
- Checkers Sign Dennis Robertson to AHL Deal - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Quine's Hat Trick Leads Stockton to 6-3 Win over Eagles
- Agozzino Receives Call up to NHL, Dries and Toninato Return
- Eagles Fall to Heat 5-2 in Fight-Filled Contest
- Cannata, Anderson Reassigned to ECHL's Utah Grizzlies
- Colorado Staves off Late Rally to Top Gulls, 5-4 in OT