Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled from Loan to Thunder
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced this afternoon that goaltender Evan Cormier has been recalled from his loan to the Thunder from the AHL's Binghamton Devils.
Cormier, 21, appeared in five games for the Thunder, finishing with a 1-4-0 record to pair with a 3.89 goals-against average and .871 save percentage. He recorded his first win in an Adirondack sweater in Friday night's 3-1 win over the Florida Everblades in Estero, FL.
Prior to his time in Adirondack, Cormier had an impressive run through two stops this year. The Bowmanville, ON native started the 2018-2019 season in college at the University of Guelph in Ontario. With the Gryphons, Cormier appeared in 13 games, collecting a 6-7-0 record to go along with a 2.27 GAA and .926 save percentage.
After leaving school and taking his game to the American Hockey League, Cormier's numbers steadily progressed. The 2016 4th Round pick of the New Jersey Devils compiled a 4-1-0 record in six games with Binghamton with a 2.09 GAA and .933 save percentage.
Before this season, Cormier played five years of junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League split between the North Bay Battalion and Saginaw Spirit. His best season came during the 2017-2018 campaign when he split 48 decisions with a 24-24-0 record, a 3.18 GAA and .900 save percentage.
The Thunder are back in action for a trio of games this weekend starting this evening in Fort Wayne against the Komets. Adirondack will then travel to Kalamazoo for a Saturday night matchup with the Wings before finishing its weekend set with a Sunday matinee game in Cincinnati. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2019
- Oilers Score Four-Straight to Skate Past Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Earn a Road Point But Lose to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen - Worcester Railers HC
- Glotov's Highlight-Reel Goal Lifts Flying Pigs to Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Slowed by Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Use Five First-Period Goals to Blast Komets 8-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Fall Short to Growlers in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades - Manchester Monarchs
- Bitzer's First Pro Shutout Gets Atlanta Back in the Win Column with 3-0 Thumping of Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Take It in OT in South Carolina - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally to Edge Admirals 4-3 in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- McNicholas Caps Three Point Night with OT Winner in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- Butcher's Second Goal Bests Brampton in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Thunder Deals for Fioretti from South Carolina - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Acquire Beaudry in Trade with Wichita - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Ink Jackson Playfair - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 15, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup - Florida Everblades
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled from Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.