Oilers Score Four-Straight to Skate Past Wichita
Wichita, KS - Wichita fought back in the second period from a two-goal deficit, but gave up four unanswered as Tulsa walked away with a 7-3 win on Friday night at the BOK Center.
Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Steven Iacobellis each had three points to lead the way up front for the Thunder.
For the second game this week, Tulsa scored the first goal of the contest. Adam Pleskach found a seam and beat Ty Rimmer at 7:49 of the first to make it 1-0. Wichita capitalized on a power play chance and Steven Iacobellis buried a rebound for his 17th of the season to tie the game at one. Pleskach tallied his second of the game at 15:37 to re-gain the lead for the Oilers. Alex Kromm made it 3-1 at 16:43 as his turnaround shot got underneath the leg of Rimmer and slid into the net.
In the second, the Thunder pulled even with two-straight from Labrie in the first seven minutes. His first came at 2:22 as he found an open net on a feed from Iacobellis to make it 3-2. Labrie's second of the game came at 7:02 as he slipped a one-timer through Williams that tied the contest at three. Williams was shaken up on the play and was forced to leave. Ian Keserich entered the contest in relief. Kromm netted his second of the game at 14:28 off a rebound and re-gained the lead for the Oilers at 4-3.
Wichita got into penalty trouble early in the third as the Oilers went on a two-man advantage. Eric Drapluk made it 5-3 at 2:37 with his second of the year. Just over a minute later, Ryan Van Stralen was whistled for a major penalty for spearing and the Oilers added another on the power play. Pleskach scored from in-close at 4:55 to increase the lead to 6-3 and his third of the game. At 12:01, Jared Thomas fired a shot from the left corner that hit a skate in front and got through Rimmer to make it 7-3.
Labrie had a pair of goals and an assist. Iacobellis finished with a goal and two helpers on the night. Texeira added another power play assist as he continues to lead the league in that category.
The Thunder returns home on Saturday to start a three-game series against the Indy Fuel.
Saturday night is the annual Police vs. Fire Charity Hockey game, presented by Twister City Harley Davidson. Come cheer on the Cops as they take on the Fire starting at 5 p.m. Saturday is also Youth Jersey Giveaway Night, presented by Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. The first 1,000 kids 12 and under in the door get a youth jersey. Jerseys will be handed out when the doors open at 4:45 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2019
- Oilers Score Four-Straight to Skate Past Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Earn a Road Point But Lose to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen - Worcester Railers HC
- Glotov's Highlight-Reel Goal Lifts Flying Pigs to Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Slowed by Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Use Five First-Period Goals to Blast Komets 8-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Fall Short to Growlers in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades - Manchester Monarchs
- Bitzer's First Pro Shutout Gets Atlanta Back in the Win Column with 3-0 Thumping of Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Take It in OT in South Carolina - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally to Edge Admirals 4-3 in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- McNicholas Caps Three Point Night with OT Winner in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- Butcher's Second Goal Bests Brampton in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Thunder Deals for Fioretti from South Carolina - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Acquire Beaudry in Trade with Wichita - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Ink Jackson Playfair - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 15, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup - Florida Everblades
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled from Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.