Glotov's Highlight-Reel Goal Lifts Flying Pigs to Win
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Flying Pigs (34-9-3-3) collected a 2-1 win over the Toledo Walleye on Friday night. Forwards Alex Wideman and Vas Glotov scored the goals for Cincinnati, who are now nine points ahead of Toledo for the Central Division lead.
After the Walleye took a 1-0 lead after the first on a goal from forward AJ Jenks , the Flying Pigs tied the game up midway through the second when Wideman took the puck off the left half wall, skated in on goal and beat Toledo goaltender Pat Nagle to tie the game, 1-1.
The 1-1 score held up throughout the remainder of the second, and in the third the teams picked up the offensive intensity and traded scoring chances back and forth. With 50 seconds to go, Cincinnati netted the eventual winner when Glotov took the puck behind the net, scooped it up and tucked it under the crossbar past Nagle to put the Cyclones up, 2-1. The Walleye had a couple more chances in the waning seconds, however the Flying Pigs defense prevailed and held on for the 2-1 win.
Cincinnati outshot Toledo, 29-25 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 24 in the win. The teams conclude their home-and-home on Saturday night in Toledo. Face-off is scheduled for 7:15pm ET.
The 2018-19 season is HERE, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride! Single game, Group, and Season Tickets are on sale NOW by calling (513) 421-PUCK! Stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2019
- Oilers Score Four-Straight to Skate Past Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Earn a Road Point But Lose to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen - Worcester Railers HC
- Glotov's Highlight-Reel Goal Lifts Flying Pigs to Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Slowed by Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Use Five First-Period Goals to Blast Komets 8-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Fall Short to Growlers in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades - Manchester Monarchs
- Bitzer's First Pro Shutout Gets Atlanta Back in the Win Column with 3-0 Thumping of Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Take It in OT in South Carolina - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally to Edge Admirals 4-3 in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- McNicholas Caps Three Point Night with OT Winner in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- Butcher's Second Goal Bests Brampton in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Thunder Deals for Fioretti from South Carolina - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Acquire Beaudry in Trade with Wichita - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Ink Jackson Playfair - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 15, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup - Florida Everblades
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled from Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.