Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades
ESTERO, Fla. - The Manchester Monarchs fell to the Florida Everblades, 6-3, at the Hertz Arena, Friday night.
The Monarchs (26-23-1-1) led twice over the Everblades (35-11-5-0) but dropped their third-straight game, by a score of 6-3.
David Kolomatis got the first goal of the game at 10:09 of the first period. Cory Ward and Joe Sullivan passed the puck side-to-side before sending it to the high-right circle towards Kolomatis. Kolomatis went upstairs on Everblades goaltender, Jeremy Helvig, to score his 11th of the season and give the Monarchs a 1-0 lead.
Shane Walsh eventually answered the Monarchs goal at 18:17 of the first period. Walsh caught a rebound in the high-slot and took a shot, beating Monarchs goaltender, Charles Williams, scoring his ninth of the season and tying the score, 1-1.
Tony Cameranesi broke the tie at 7:20 of the second period. Austin Block sent a pass up ice, that gave Cameranesi a breakaway. After an initial shot from the slot was stopped, Cameranesi collected his own rebound and scored his 15th of the season, giving the Monarchs a 2-1 lead.
Michael Neville responded shortly after, at 8:32 of the second. Neville tipped Kyle Platzer's shot from the slot, past Williams, scoring his eighth of the season and making it 2-2.
Derek Sheppard gave the Everblades their first lead of the night at 17:07 of the second. On the power play, Sheppard sent a rocket from the blue line to give him his 11th goal of the season and give the Everblades a 3-2 lead.
Spencer Watson tied the game for the Monarchs at 4:59 of the third, scoring his 21st goal of the season. Daniil Miromanov sent a clearing puck to Cameranesi and Watson. While on the 2-on-1, Watson caught a pass and sent a shot five-hole, past Helvig, to make the score, 3-3.
John McCarron notched another power-play goal for the Everblades at 7:47 of the third period, scoring his 22nd goal of the season, to break the tie again, and give Florida a 4-3 lead.
Joe Cox doubled the lead for the Everblades at 9:30 of the third. Cox caught the puck from off the boards, and off a shot from behind the goal line, bounced the puck off Williams left pad to sneak the puck into the net and score his 23rd goal of the season to give Florida a 5-3 lead.
Blake Winiecki added an empty net goal at 16:00 of the third period to finish the scoring and give Florida a 6-3 victory.
The Monarchs return to action Saturday, February 16 at 7:00 p.m., when they take on the Florida Everblades at Hertz Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 15, 2019
- Oilers Score Four-Straight to Skate Past Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Earn a Road Point But Lose to Utah in OT, 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen - Worcester Railers HC
- Glotov's Highlight-Reel Goal Lifts Flying Pigs to Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Swamp Rabbits Slowed by Gladiators - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Use Five First-Period Goals to Blast Komets 8-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Rays Fall Short to Growlers in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall in the Swamp, 6-3, against the Everblades - Manchester Monarchs
- Bitzer's First Pro Shutout Gets Atlanta Back in the Win Column with 3-0 Thumping of Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Take It in OT in South Carolina - Newfoundland Growlers
- Mariners Rally to Edge Admirals 4-3 in Overtime - Norfolk Admirals
- McNicholas Caps Three Point Night with OT Winner in Norfolk - Maine Mariners
- Butcher's Second Goal Bests Brampton in Overtime - Wheeling Nailers
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 15 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Thunder Deals for Fioretti from South Carolina - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Acquire Beaudry in Trade with Wichita - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Ink Jackson Playfair - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Mariners at Admirals, February 15, 2019 - Norfolk Admirals
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup - Florida Everblades
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, February 15 - Wheeling Nailers
- Goaltender Evan Cormier Recalled from Loan to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center
- Monarchs Comeback against Admirals with 3-2 Overtime Victory