Gameday Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, October 12, 2019
Greenville Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Icemen
Saturday, October 12, 2019 at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena Home Game #1
Referee: Steven Sailor (#5) Linesmen: Cory Sellers (#48) & Trent Williams (#84)
About Tonight's Game: Tonight's home opener is presented by Rimrock/Devlin is officially sold out. Thank you for your continued support! Tonight's ECHL South Division match-up features the Jacksonville Icemen and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Tonight the Icemen will drop the puck on their third season in Jacksonville and will enter the 2019-2020 campaign looking to build upon their first playoff appearance last spring. Meanwhile the Swamp Rabbits have finished last in the South Division in each of the past two seasons, but with the return of several core players and a new NHL affiliation agreement with the Carolina Hurricanes, Grenville is posed for a turnaround season. The Icemen went 8-1-0 against the Swamp Rabbits last season. However, five of those eight victories were decided by one goal.
Series History: The Icemen lead the All-Time Series 13-6-0.
About the Icemen: The Icemen's 2019-20 roster features many new faces, but several key players from last season return. Defenseman Dajon Mingo is back after setting career highs in points (40), goals (11) and assists (29) last season.....Other key returning contributors from last season's playoff team include Everett Clark, Jack Glover, Alexis D'Aoust, Jacob Cederholm, Hayden Shaw and Kyle Shapiro....Goaltender Griffen Outhouse is expected to start in goal this evening.
About the Swamp Rabbits: Michael Pelech returns for his second season in Greenville after leading the team last year with 65 points (18g, 47a). Also returning is All-Star forward Johno May. May finished third on the team in scoring with 42 points....Goaltender Callum Booth bolsters Greenville's goaltending group....Forward Cedric Lacroix enters his first season in Greenville after a successful rookie campaign with Wheeling in 2018-19. Lacroix was second among ECHL rookies last season with five shorthanded goals.
Next Home Game: Wednesday, October 30 vs. Atlanta. Fans can enjoy select $2 beer and wines throughout the night! There will be a Halloween costume contest and trick-or-treating for the kids in the concourse.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 12, 2019
- Grizzlies Fall 3-1 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Kosorenkov's Two Goals Not Enough in Loss for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Drop Hard-Fought Opener in Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Net Early Goals, Seal 3-1 Win over Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Slow Start Sinks Mavs in Home Opener, Lose 6-2 to Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Dominate Mavericks in 6-2 Win - Indy Fuel
- Admirals Score First, But Fall to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Resilient Effort Sends Swamp Rabbits Home with Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Power Play Pushes Thunder to Win over Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Come from Behind for Thrilling Opening Night Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Adirondack Derailed by Worcester 5-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Score First 4, Spoil Solar Bears' Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Rally in Third for Comeback Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Crush Thunder 5-1 in Front of 8,137 Fans at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Get First Win of the Season in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Force OT in Game 2 at Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Kromm's Late Winner Lifts Walleye in Season Opener - Toledo Walleye
- Beast Drop Close Opener against Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Gameday Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, October 12, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Announce Changes to 2019-20 Communications - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals at Growlers Again Following Wild Opening Night - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Sign Former NHL Forward Casey Bailey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rush Earn Point in Season-Opening Overtime Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-2 Opening Game Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall 3-2 in Season Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Battle Back from Early Deficit; Fall in OT to Fuel - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.