Stingrays Announce Changes to 2019-20 Communications
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Stingrays have announced changes in their communications focus for the 2019-20 season.
In addition to the return of the team's official coach's show at Wild Wing Cafe beginning on Monday, October 21, the team will now have a weekly segment on ESPN Radio 98.9 FM featuring Head Coach Steve Bergin and Team President Rob Concannon. The "Rays Report" will discuss the team's results on the ice as well as upcoming promotions during the season.
South Carolina will also continue to explore and invest in additional content opportunities for the upcoming season, including social media segments and podcasts. The 'Voice of the Rays', Jared Shafran will continue to be heard on all home broadcasts via Mixlr, but will not broadcast away games. All road games can be heard on ECHL.TV.
"After a year in which our team was recognized by the ECHL with the Award of Excellence and looking at our organization's needs, I made a decision to use Jared's valuable knowledge and experience in other important areas," said Concannon. "As we continue to grow and try new marketing ideas and initiatives in the community and on our social media platforms, Jared will work closely with our marketing department and creative services department to help drive ticket sales and keep our fans informed on the new and exciting plans we have for the upcoming season. Fans will still be able to listen to Jared at home games and on his monthly coach's show. My main goal is to grow our community's interest in Stingrays hockey and I feel like this change will help us do that."
The 27th season of Stingrays hockey begins Saturday night in Orlando against the Solar Bears at 7 p.m. South Carolina will open their home schedule in North Charleston vs. Orlando the following week on Saturday, October 19.
Get your tickets to the team's Opening Night/Pack The House game on October 19 now!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 12, 2019
- Grizzlies Fall 3-1 on Saturday Night - Utah Grizzlies
- Kosorenkov's Two Goals Not Enough in Loss for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Drop Hard-Fought Opener in Fort Wayne - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Net Early Goals, Seal 3-1 Win over Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Slow Start Sinks Mavs in Home Opener, Lose 6-2 to Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
- Fuel Dominate Mavericks in 6-2 Win - Indy Fuel
- Admirals Score First, But Fall to Everblades - Norfolk Admirals
- Resilient Effort Sends Swamp Rabbits Home with Win - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Power Play Pushes Thunder to Win over Rush - Wichita Thunder
- Cyclones Come from Behind for Thrilling Opening Night Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk - Florida Everblades
- Adirondack Derailed by Worcester 5-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Stingrays Score First 4, Spoil Solar Bears' Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Rally in Third for Comeback Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Crush Thunder 5-1 in Front of 8,137 Fans at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Get First Win of the Season in Overtime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Royals Force OT in Game 2 at Newfoundland - Reading Royals
- Kromm's Late Winner Lifts Walleye in Season Opener - Toledo Walleye
- Beast Drop Close Opener against Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Gameday Preview: Swamp Rabbits at IceMen, October 12, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Stingrays - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: at Wichita - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Announce Changes to 2019-20 Communications - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals at Growlers Again Following Wild Opening Night - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Sign Former NHL Forward Casey Bailey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Rush Earn Point in Season-Opening Overtime Loss - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Insider Adam Turner on 3-2 Opening Game Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Grizzlies Fall 3-2 in Season Opener - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Battle Back from Early Deficit; Fall in OT to Fuel - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Carolina Stingrays Stories
- Mark Cooper Returns for 2nd Season in SC
- Stingrays to Open 2020-21 Season in North Charleston on December 11
- Defender Brett Orr Joins Stingrays on Blue Line
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Stingrays Battle Swamp Rabbits in LLS Fundraiser Competition