Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4)
WHO: Adirondack Thunder (39-24-3-4) vs. Manchester Monarchs (40-23-3-4)
WHAT: ECHL REGULAR SEASON GAME #951
WHEN: Friday, April 6, @ 7:00 PM
WHERE: Cool Insuring Arena - Glens Falls, NY
HOW TO FOLLOW: VIDEO: ECHL TV - AUDIO - HITS 95.9 - TWITTER: @ECHLTHUNDER
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: The Adirondack Thunder are back on home ice for the final time during the 2017-18 regular season as they host the Manchester Monarchs. Adirondack enters tonight's action off of a weekend split at home, consisting of a 6-2 win over Reading on Saturday and a 4-1 loss to Worcester on Sunday.
NORTH NUMERO UNO: The Thunder are in a tightly contested North Division race and are vying for their second straight divisional title. Adirondack has locked up a top three seed in the playoffs and currently sits one point behind the division-leading Monarchs. Adirondack can clinch a top two seed and home-ice advantage in Round 1 of the Kelly Cup Playoffs with a victory tonight.
THE MAN OF MARCH: Thunder forward Shane Conacher finished the month of March with 18 points (8-10-18) from 12 games played, tied for the second most points in the ECHL in that span. Conacher had five multi-point games during the month, including three with three or more points. The Canisius College product tops the Thunder's scoring chart on the season with 62 points (19-43-62) from 53 games played.
DYNAMIC DES: Adirondack defenseman Desmond Bergin leads all Thunder blueliners in goals, assists and points on the season. Bergin's 15 goals are the second most in a season all-time by a Thunder defenseman and rank tied for fourth in the ECHL in goals by a blueliner this season. The Harvard graduate also ranks tied for seventh in the league in points by a defenseman with 43.
TROY STORY: Adirondack forward Troy Bourke tallied his team's lone goal in Sunday's defeat to Worcester. The 5-10 center has amassed 32 points (10-22-32) from 21 games played and his 1.52 points per game pace ranks fifth in the ECHL. Bourke has tallied a point in 16 of the 21 games he's played in this season and has collected multiple points in eight of those 16 games.
A-A-RON: The Thunder added defenseman Aaron Titcomb to the roster on an amateur try out this week. Titcomb, 24, joins the Thunder from Merrimack College where he played four seasons of NCAA Hockey. The 6-4 blueliner amassed 14 points (1-13-14) over 102 games at Merrimack, including a career-best nine points (1-8-9) as a sophomore during the 2015-16 campaign.
PLAYOFF PUCK: The Adirondack Thunder enter tonight's action sitting with 85 points and in second place in the North Division. With two games remaining, Adirondack can finish in first, second or third in the standings and can play against one of three different opponents in Round 1 of the Kelly Cup Playoffs. The Thunder will play one of Reading, Worcester or Wheeling in Round 1, to be determined no later than Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2018
- Grizzlies Win Before Another Big Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Net Four in the Third Period to Defeat Thunder, 7-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings - Quad City Mallards
- Frey Stellar in Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Fall in OT against Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Clinch Playoffs for Ninth Season in a Row - Allen Americans
- Late Flurry from Gladiators Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cincinnati Halts Indy's Three Game Win Streak with 5-2 Triumph - Indy Fuel
- Rush Edge Oilers in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Score Two Late in Thrilling Fashion to Knock off Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Tie Franchise Wins Record in Sweep of Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Home Finale against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Clinch Home Ice in Round 1 with 3-2 Win over Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Near Miss for IceMen in Home Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Fall 6-2 in Home Finale - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Eliminated in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Clinch Spot in the Kelly Cup Playoffs - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Topped by Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Thump Admirals, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Set Season Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Closes Regular Season with Pair in Colorado - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Allen vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Sign Curtis Miske - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chase Golightly: from the Rodeo to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dupont Named 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Dupont Receives 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Beast Game Day Snap Shot, April 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Home Finale Pits Swamp Rabbits against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Tickets on Sale for Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Day: Final Home Game Brings Royals to Town - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beaudry Receives 2017-18 Community Service Award - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Beaudry Receives 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Back-To-Back with Admirals Concludes Regular Season - Reading Royals
- Florida Claims 2017-18 Brabham Cup - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.