Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators
VENUE: Infinite Energy Arena, Duluth, Ga.
DATE: Friday, April 6 at 7:35 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (33-28-6-3) complete their 2017-18 regular season series with the Atlanta Gladiators (31-34-2-3). Orlando has posted a 2-5-0-0 record against Atlanta this season, but has won two of the previous three meetings against their South Division rivals.
WINQUIST LEADS THE WAY: Forward Joshua Winquist paces Orlando with eight points (5g-3a) in five games against the Gladiators. Winquist also carries a two-game assist streak into tonight's game.
SKAPSKI GETS THE START: Mackenzie Skapski is expected to get the nod in net tonight for Orlando. The fourth-year pro has posted a 2-2-0 record against Altanta in five appearances this season, with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .923 save percentage.
SPECIAL TEAMS ENJOYING LATE SURGE: Over its last two games, Orlando's power play has converted on 3-of-11 of its opportunities (27.27%), while going 9-of-10 (90%) on its penalty kill. Both numbers exceed Orlando's head-to-head totals against Atlanta through the first seven games of the regular season series.
Martins Dzierkals - 3-game point streak (1g-3a)
Joe Perry - 2-game point streak (4g-2a)
J.J. Piccinich - 2-game point streak (1g-2a)
Max Novak - 2-game assist streak (3a)
Joshua Winquist - 2-game assist streak (2a)
Kale Kerbashian - 3 goals from 100 in professional career
Sean Zimmerman - 2 points from 100 in professional career
AFFILIATE NOTES: The Toronto Marlies (51-18-1-1) are on the hunt for a sixth consecutive win tonight when they visit the Utica Comets to wrap up a home-and-home set. The Toronto Maple Leafs (48-26-6-1) dropped a 2-1 decision to New Jersey on Thursday, and return to action Saturday at home against Montreal.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears conclude the 2017-18 regular season tomorrow, as they face the South Carolina Stingrays at 7:05 p.m. at North Charleston Coliseum.
PLAYOFF TICKETS: The Solar Bears will play the South Carolina Stingrays in the South Division Semifinals of the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs, and will host the following games at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center:
Game 3 - Thursday, April 19 at 7 p.m
Game 4 - Saturday, April 21 at 7 p.m.
Game 5 - Sunday, April 22 at 6 p.m. (if necessary)
Tickets for the first round of the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs are on sale now - fans can purchase tickets starting at $18 through the Amway Center box office or by visiting ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2018
- Grizzlies Win Before Another Big Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Net Four in the Third Period to Defeat Thunder, 7-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings - Quad City Mallards
- Frey Stellar in Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Fall in OT against Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Clinch Playoffs for Ninth Season in a Row - Allen Americans
- Late Flurry from Gladiators Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cincinnati Halts Indy's Three Game Win Streak with 5-2 Triumph - Indy Fuel
- Rush Edge Oilers in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Score Two Late in Thrilling Fashion to Knock off Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Tie Franchise Wins Record in Sweep of Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Home Finale against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Clinch Home Ice in Round 1 with 3-2 Win over Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Near Miss for IceMen in Home Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Fall 6-2 in Home Finale - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Eliminated in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Clinch Spot in the Kelly Cup Playoffs - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Topped by Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Thump Admirals, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Set Season Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Closes Regular Season with Pair in Colorado - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Allen vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Sign Curtis Miske - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chase Golightly: from the Rodeo to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dupont Named 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Dupont Receives 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Beast Game Day Snap Shot, April 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Home Finale Pits Swamp Rabbits against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Tickets on Sale for Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Day: Final Home Game Brings Royals to Town - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beaudry Receives 2017-18 Community Service Award - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Beaudry Receives 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Back-To-Back with Admirals Concludes Regular Season - Reading Royals
- Florida Claims 2017-18 Brabham Cup - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears to Face Everblades in South Division Finals
- Solar Bears Advance to South Division Finals with 5-2 Win over Stingrays
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Stingrays
- Otto Somppi Added to Solar Bears Playoff Roster
- Three-Goal Second Period Gives Solar Bears 4-1 Win and 3-1 Series Lead over Stingrays