Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen
The Steelheads head to Allen Event Center for the final two games of the regular season schedule, still waiting to learn who their first-round opponent will be in the Kelly Cup Playoffs. It could very well be the Allen Americans, who are tied with the Wichita Thunder for third in the Mountain Division but still need to lock down a playoff berth in a tight three-team race. The teams meet for the ninth time this season on Friday, with the Steelheads coming off their eighth straight win in Tulsa on Wednesday and the Americans hoping to bounce back from a 2-1 loss in Wichita on Tuesday.
The Steelheads won their seventh consecutive visit to BOK Center on Wednesday to open their final road trip of the season with a 4-1 win over the Oilers. Rookies Eric Sweetman, Justin Parizek, and Max French all scored for Idaho, with Steve McParland netting his 31st of the season in the third to put the game away. Tomas Sholl won his ninth consecutive game with 44 saves.
The Steelheads are officially locked into the second seed in the Mountain Division playoff picture after Colorado's win on Wednesday, but they still have plenty to play for heading into the final weekend of the season. Riding an eight-game winning streak, the Steelheads are one win shy of matching the team's ECHL record for consecutive wins that was set with a nine-game winning streak on March 6, 2015. The Steelheads can also tie the third-best season in the team's ECHL era with four points over the weekend, matching the 97 points posted in 2012-13. The Americans' magic number to clinch a playoff spot is two points, either gained by Allen or lost by Tulsa when the Oilers play the Rapid City Rush. Allen has never missed the playoffs in their first eight years in the ECHL and CHL.
French on Fire...
Max French spent nearly the entire month of March in Austin with AHL Texas, but it certainly did not affect his chemistry in the Steelheads lineup. French has scored in each of his first two games back with the Steelheads since being sent down by the Stars last Saturday. Dating back to February 19th, French has scored goals in six straight ECHL games, totaling eight goals and ten points during that span. Further, French has nine goals and 12 points in his last eight ECHL games. Brady Brassart looks to keep rolling as well, bringing a six-game points streak into Friday night's game with a goal and nine points.
Back-to-Back for Mak...
David Makowski has been among the best offensive defensemen in the ECHL for the last three seasons, and he has the hardware to prove it. On Thursday, Makowski earned All-ECHL First Team honors for the second consecutive year, his 53 points in 56 games ranked second among ECHL defensemen. Makowski has been away from the Americans since mid-March, having been called up to AHL San Jose, but he did have eight assists in seven games before his departure.
Idaho Leaders Americans Leaders
Goals: McParland (31) Goals: Guptill (27)
Assists: Parizek (32) Assists: Pierro-Zabotel (50)
Points: Parizek (59) Points: Pierro-Zabotel (69)
Plus/Minus: McParland/Brassart (+26) Plus/Minus: Pierro-Zabotel (+21)
Power Play Goals: McParland (9) Power Play Goals: Chouinard (8)
Goals-Against Average: Sholl (1.35) Goals-Against Average: Brodeur (3.15)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2018
- Grizzlies Win Before Another Big Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Net Four in the Third Period to Defeat Thunder, 7-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings - Quad City Mallards
- Frey Stellar in Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Fall in OT against Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Clinch Playoffs for Ninth Season in a Row - Allen Americans
- Late Flurry from Gladiators Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cincinnati Halts Indy's Three Game Win Streak with 5-2 Triumph - Indy Fuel
- Rush Edge Oilers in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Score Two Late in Thrilling Fashion to Knock off Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Tie Franchise Wins Record in Sweep of Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Home Finale against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Clinch Home Ice in Round 1 with 3-2 Win over Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Near Miss for IceMen in Home Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Fall 6-2 in Home Finale - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Eliminated in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Clinch Spot in the Kelly Cup Playoffs - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Topped by Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Thump Admirals, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Set Season Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Closes Regular Season with Pair in Colorado - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Allen vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Sign Curtis Miske - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chase Golightly: from the Rodeo to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dupont Named 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Dupont Receives 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Beast Game Day Snap Shot, April 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Home Finale Pits Swamp Rabbits against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Tickets on Sale for Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Day: Final Home Game Brings Royals to Town - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beaudry Receives 2017-18 Community Service Award - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Beaudry Receives 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Back-To-Back with Admirals Concludes Regular Season - Reading Royals
- Florida Claims 2017-18 Brabham Cup - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Battle to 3-2 Overtime Win over Utah, Take Series Lead
- Steelheads to Host Free Watch Parties for Games in Utah at SportZone
- Brad McClure Joins Steelheads from Texas Stars
- Steelheads Weekly - April 15, 2019
- Kessy's Two-Goal Night Leads Steelheads to 3-2 OT Thriller, Even Series