'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win
JACKSONVILLE, FL -Michael Kirkpatrick and Mitchell Heard each finished with a goal and an assist to pace the Florida Everblades to a 4-2 win over the Jacksonville Icemen at Veterans Memorial Arena Friday evening. With the win, the Everblades set a new club record for points in a season with 110 points.
For the second time in as many nights, the Everblades fired the first warning shot at 1:03 into contest, as Sam Warning scored his second goal as an Everblade. Warning caught the puck at the right wing circle, and made one deke move to freeze Icemen netminder Austin Lotz. Warning then toe-dragged around the stationary goalie and shoved the puck into the net for the goal
The Icemen countered at the eight-minute mark when Tanner Eberle delivered a shot from the slot that clipped off the blocker of Florida goaltender Josh Robinson and into the net to tie the game at one.
Less than five minutes later, Jacksonville grabbed the lead Tim Daly delivered a shot from the left wing boards, but the rebound bounced to a wide open Cody Fowlie on the backside of the crease. Fowlie jammed the puck home to give the Icemen a 2-1 edge after the first period.
Steven Lorentz evened the score at two, when his slapshot from the point floated through middle traffic and into the back of the net for his 12th goal of the season.
Nearly two minutes later, Michael Kirkpatrick reclaimed the lead for Florida. Mitchell Heard delivered a stretch pass to Kirkpatrick who carried the puck into the zone. Kirkpatrick used some creativity to shake off the defender shadowing him, as he slowed down and made a half turn move to get the defender to slow as well The move worked as Kirkpatrick turned his attention back to the net and cut to the low circle and delivered wrister past Lotz for the go-ahead marker. The 'Blades took the 3-2 advantage into the second break.
In the third Jacksonville forward Everett Clark was assessed an instigating penalty for fighting Florida's Spencer Smallman. The additional penalty put the 'Blades on the power play and Mitchell Heard delivered a shot from the right wing circle that curled into the top corner of the net to extend the lead by two.
Florida locked down the rest of the game to preserve the 4-2 victory. Josh Robinson earned the win in goal for Florida in his first game in nearly a year. The team's goaltending coach this season, filled in admirably in goal on the night, making 19 saves on 21 shots faced. Lotz took the loss allowing four goals on 29 shots.
The two teams will meet again on Saturday at Germain Arena to close out the regular season. Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. Promotional details for Saturday's game is listed below.
Saturday, April 7, vs. Jacksonville, 7:00 p.m. Join us for the final home game of the regular season!. The game is Fan Appreciation Night as well as Blackout Night presented by the Passion Foundation. The team will wear special black jerseys that will be auctioned off following the game! There will also be a team award ceremony prior to the start of the game. Fans will also receive a coupon voucher for free product at Wawa! There will also be a team photo giveaway!
Playoff Tickets and 2018-19 Ticket Packages are Currently on Sale! Flexible partial plans are available. These packages will best fit your schedule and budget! To view pricing and benefits of all available ticket packages CLICK HERE
Purchase Single Game Tickets at the Florida Community Bank Box Office located at Germain Arena, or online via Ticketmaster
Discounted Group Tickets: Bring your group of 10 or more to a game at a discounted price! Group tickets are available for all home games. Fundraising opportunities are also available. For more information on group tickets, call 239-948-7825, or stop by the Everblades offices at Germain Arena Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2018 Playoff Tickets On Sale Now!
The Florida Everblades will face the Atlanta Gladiators in the first round of the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs beginning on Monday, April 16. The following if the full first-round schedule:
Florida (1) vs. Atlanta (4) - Best-of-Seven Series
Game 1: Monday, April 16th - 7:30pm, Germain Arena PURCHASE TICKETS
Game 2: Tuesday, April 17th - 7:30pm, Germain Arena PURCHASE TICKETS
Game 3: Thursday, April 19th - 7:35pm, Infinite Energy Arena
Game 4: Friday, April 20th - 7:35pm, Infinite Energy Arena
Game 5: Sunday, April 22nd - 2:05pm, Infinite Energy Arena (If necessary)
Game 6: Tuesday, April 24th - 7:30pm - Germain Arena (If necessary)
Game 7: Wednesday, April 25th - 7:30pm - Germain Arena (If necessary)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2018
- Grizzlies Win Before Another Big Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Net Four in the Third Period to Defeat Thunder, 7-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings - Quad City Mallards
- Frey Stellar in Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Fall in OT against Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Clinch Playoffs for Ninth Season in a Row - Allen Americans
- Late Flurry from Gladiators Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cincinnati Halts Indy's Three Game Win Streak with 5-2 Triumph - Indy Fuel
- Rush Edge Oilers in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Score Two Late in Thrilling Fashion to Knock off Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Tie Franchise Wins Record in Sweep of Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Home Finale against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Clinch Home Ice in Round 1 with 3-2 Win over Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Near Miss for IceMen in Home Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Fall 6-2 in Home Finale - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Eliminated in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Clinch Spot in the Kelly Cup Playoffs - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Topped by Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Thump Admirals, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Set Season Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Closes Regular Season with Pair in Colorado - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Allen vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Sign Curtis Miske - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chase Golightly: from the Rodeo to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dupont Named 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Dupont Receives 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Beast Game Day Snap Shot, April 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Home Finale Pits Swamp Rabbits against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Tickets on Sale for Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Day: Final Home Game Brings Royals to Town - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beaudry Receives 2017-18 Community Service Award - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Beaudry Receives 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Back-To-Back with Admirals Concludes Regular Season - Reading Royals
- Florida Claims 2017-18 Brabham Cup - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Surge in Third Period Not Enough in 4-3 Setback to Manchester
- Everblades Close out Homestand with Series Finale against Manchester
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup