Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award
WORCESTER, MA- The Worcester Railers Hockey Club(@RailersHC), proud ECHL(@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders(@NYIslanders), and Railers HC Team President Michael G. Myers (@Myzie35) officially announced today that the club has nominated Frankie DiChiara (@frank_dichiara) for the ECHL's Declaration of Principles Community Service Award.
Frankie DiChiara has been selected as a nominee for the Declaration of Principles Community Service Award in recognition of his commitment to being an involved member of the Worcester community. Over the course of the season, Frankie has stood out as a player determined to leave a mark on the community, he and the Worcester Railers HC, are a part of.
"The Worcester Railers take great pride in being a huge part of the Central Massachusetts community," said Myers. "Frankie has been extremely active from day one and has led by example going above and beyond with his commitment to assisting the Railers HC community initiatives."
The first-year pro graduated from Yale in 2017 and hails from Ronkonkoma, NY.
In his first year with the club, Frankie has shown a dedication to the community by volunteering at countless events, visiting students, and working with local non-profits. Some notable visits Frankie has made this season include playing basketball at the Nativity school, reading at the Rainbow Child Development Center, and playing games with kids at the Boys and Girls Club of Worcester.
DiChiara has made the biggest contribution to the Worcester community through his efforts with the Railers Skate to Success program. The Railers flagship community program, Skate to Success, brought over two thousand Worcester Public School fourth grade students to the Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center where they were taught to skate by players and coaches, fed lunch from Nonna's Pizza & Pasta, and received autographed Railers folders with giveaways inside. Frankie made five appearances throughout the season, assisting in teaching Worcester Public School fourth grade students how to skate.
Frankie quickly became a fan-favorite in Worcester and is always one of the most celebrated players in the high-five tunnel and always approachable at member events.
Wichita's Jeremy Beaudry was selected as the recipient of the 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award.
For more information about the Railers HC community programs please visit RailersHC.com/community
What's on tap? - Railers continue to battle for a playoff spot!
On Saturday, April 7 the Railers play their final road game with a 6pm start in Manchester, NH vs. the Monarchs.
On Sunday, April 8 the Worcester Railers HC host the Manchester Monarchs at 3:05pm on FAN APPRECIATION DAY with a BOSTON BRUINS ALUMNI GAME to benefit Why Me. It is also a KIDS GIVEAWAY SUNDAY with the 1st 1,000 kids 12-and-under receiving a Railers HC flashlight presented by CHH Engraving, Inc with doors opening at 12pm. There will be a TON of giveaways and prizes throughout the game and three lucky fans will have the opportunity to win a car with the PRIME FORD Shoot to Win during an intermission! The DCU Center doors open at 12pm for the Bruins Alumni Game.... Railers puck drop is at 3:05pm. Stick around after the game for a postgame autograph session with the Railers players! Last chance to catch the Railers this regular season...tickets as low as $15...or score a FAMILY FUN PACK which includes 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, and 4 sodas for just $80!
The Railers Tavern, located behind the DCU Center provides hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Watch all road games broadcast live at Railers Tavern or watch on ECHLTV.com for a small fee. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Matthews. Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2018
- Grizzlies Win Before Another Big Crowd - Utah Grizzlies
- Eagles Net Four in the Third Period to Defeat Thunder, 7-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings - Quad City Mallards
- Frey Stellar in Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Fall in OT against Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Clinch Playoffs for Ninth Season in a Row - Allen Americans
- Late Flurry from Gladiators Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cincinnati Halts Indy's Three Game Win Streak with 5-2 Triumph - Indy Fuel
- Rush Edge Oilers in a Shootout - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Clinch Kelly Cup Playoff Berth - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Score Two Late in Thrilling Fashion to Knock off Solar Bears - Atlanta Gladiators
- Rays Tie Franchise Wins Record in Sweep of Rabbits - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Complete Home Finale against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Clinch Home Ice in Round 1 with 3-2 Win over Monarchs - Adirondack Thunder
- MacLean Snipes from Distance as Beast Topple Nailers - Brampton Beast
- 'Blades Win Ninth Straight & Set Club Record for Points in 4-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Near Miss for IceMen in Home Finale - Jacksonville IceMen
- Admirals Fall 6-2 in Home Finale - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Eliminated in Brampton - Wheeling Nailers
- Worcester Railers Clinch Spot in the Kelly Cup Playoffs - Worcester Railers HC
- Monarchs Topped by Thunder, 3-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Royals Thump Admirals, 6-2 - Reading Royals
- Walleye Set Season Attendance Record - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - April 6 - ECHL
- Thunder Closes Regular Season with Pair in Colorado - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Allen vs. Idaho - Allen Americans
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Sign Curtis Miske - Orlando Solar Bears
- Chase Golightly: from the Rodeo to Reading - Reading Royals
- Dupont Named 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award Winner - Norfolk Admirals
- Norfolk's Dupont Receives 2017-18 ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Steelheads Game Day Storylines at Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers at Beast Game Day Snap Shot, April 6 - Wheeling Nailers
- Home Finale Pits Swamp Rabbits against Stingrays - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Worcester Railers Nominate Frankie DiChiara for ECHL Community Service Award - Worcester Railers HC
- Tickets on Sale for Dallas Stars 2018 Training Camp - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Day: Final Home Game Brings Royals to Town - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday - Adirondack (39-23-3-4) vs. Manchester (34-26-4-4) - Adirondack Thunder
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, April 6 - Manchester Monarchs
- Beaudry Receives 2017-18 Community Service Award - Wichita Thunder
- Wichita's Beaudry Receives 2017-18 ECHL Community Service Award - ECHL
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Back-To-Back with Admirals Concludes Regular Season - Reading Royals
- Florida Claims 2017-18 Brabham Cup - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Goaltender Evan Buitenhuis Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for February 11-17
- Barnes Extends Point Streak to 13 Games in 6-3 Loss in Tulsa
- Boots Makes 47 Saves in 1-0 Road Win in Tulsa
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen
- Railers Cough up Three Goal Third Period Lead and Fall 5-4 in Overtime in Maine