Game Suspended Due to Curfew
Reno, Nevada - Due to Pacific Coast League travel rules, today's game between the Reno Aces and El Paso Chihuahuas was suspended and scheduled for completion July 15. Prior to the curfew, Reno and El Paso were locked in an extra-inning contest tied at five. With two on, down by three runs in the bottom of the 9th inning, Kevin Cron stepped to the plate. Cron was ready for this situation. The 2018 All-Pacific Coast League selection belted a three-run homer to tie things up. Unfortunately for Reno, the Aces couldn't string together enough hits to finish things off in the bottom of the 10th as time expired.
Taylor Widener made the start for Chris Cron this afternoon. Widener went five innings, allowed three runs on three hits and struck out six. Cron led the charge offensively, finishing 2-for-5 with three RBI and a home run. Relief pitcher Robby Scott worked out of the Minor League Baseball extra-inning rule that begins with a runner on second. Scott tossed an inning of scoreless-hitless ball. Reno will head to Albuquerque tomorrow and take on the Isotopes at 5:35 p.m.
Top Performers - Reno
Kevin Cron (2-for-5, HR, 3 RBI)
Yasmany Tomas (2-for-5, HR)
Taylor Widener (5.0 IP, 3 H, 6 K)
Top Performers - El Paso
Michael Gettys (2-for-5, 2 R)
Jose Pirela (2-for-4, R, RBI)
Logan Allen (5.0 IP, 5 H, 7 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Tuesday April 16 Albuquerque Isotopes RHP Justin Donatella vs. RHP Jeff Hoffman 5:35 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
It'll Count Later: With today's game ending in suspension, none of the statistics will reflect until completion. Yasmany Tomas and Kevin Cron, who both homered today, will go into tomorrow night's contest with the same numbers they did this afternoon.
High School: Greater Nevada Field will host South Lake Tahoe and Dayton High Schools tonight. Both teams will compete in the Aces high school baseball series. First pitch is set for 5:30 p.m. Led by Starbuck Teevan, South Lake Tahoe enters with a record of 12-5 and Dayton is 1-16.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 15, 2019
- New Orleans Tops Omaha 4-3 in Front of 8,019 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Putting the Hurt on the Baseball - San Antonio Missions
- Game Suspended Due to Curfew - Reno Aces
- Monday's Chihuahuas Game Suspended in 11th Inning - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Milone Dominates, Rainiers Trounce Isotopes in Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Homestand Highlights (April 16-22) - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Get Shut out 10-0 in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Giambrone, Happ Homer in I-Cubs' Loss to Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers Bats Break Out in 10-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds End Road Trip with 10-2 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Forces Series Split with 10-2 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Missions Topped by Sounds in Series Finale - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Beat Omaha to Finish Trip - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds' Offense Stays Hot, Holds off Missions - Nashville Sounds
- Gallen Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Payton, Gallen Win Season's First Weekly Awards - PCL
- Ephesus Named Title Partner of Triple-A National Championship Game - PCL
- Monday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Today's Game Postponed Due to Rain - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Take on Oakland Affiliate in Jam-Packed Homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- OKC Dodgers and LifeShare of Oklahoma Partner to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (3-8) at San Antonio Missions (7-4) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (4-7) at Round Rock Express (7-4) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Snapping out of a Slump - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.