Giambrone, Happ Homer in I-Cubs' Loss to Dodgers
DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Cubs (7-4) and the Oklahoma City Dodgers (5-6) battled through a 3 hour and 26 minute contest, combing for 25 hits and 15 runs Monday at Principal Park. The Dodgers came out on top with a 10-5 victory.
Oklahoma City jumped on Duncan Robinson (L, 4.0IP, 8H, 7ER, 2BB, 3K) with three straight hits to open the game. The Dodgers collected three runs on four hits in the frame to capture the early lead.
Iowa evened the score with its own three-spot in the third. Trent Giambrone brought in a pair with his fourth home run in five games, and Ian Happ scored from first on a Phillip Evans double later in the inning.
The Dodgers recaptured the edge with an RBI double from starting pitcher and former I-Cub Rob Zastryzny in the fourth, before catching fire in the fifth. The visitors rallied for four runs on four hits and four walks to expanded the lead to 8-3.
A two-run opposite field homer to left for Happ, his first of 2019, in the bottom of the fifth shrunk the gap but Iowa couldn't complete the comeback. Oklahoma City padded its lead with a Will Smith two-run homer in the eighth to secure the final score.
- Iowa's 11 hits matched a season high.
- Leading Iowa's offense, Trent Giambrone went 3-for-5 with a double, a home run and two RBI, while Ian Happ was 2-for-5 with a homer and two RBI.
- LHP Rob Zastryzny, with Iowa 2016-18, allowed three runs on six hits through 4.0 frames in his first start against his former team.
- Oklahoma City went 7-for-17 with RISP, while Iowa was 1-for-13.
- Duncan Robinson tied a career high with seven earned runs allowed.
Iowa takes the day off tomorrow before kicking off a series in New Orleans with a double-header Wednesday beginning at 5:00 p.m. Follow the action at www.iowacubs.com, AM 940 or MiLB.TV.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 15, 2019
- New Orleans Tops Omaha 4-3 in Front of 8,019 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Putting the Hurt on the Baseball - San Antonio Missions
- Game Suspended Due to Curfew - Reno Aces
- Monday's Chihuahuas Game Suspended in 11th Inning - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Milone Dominates, Rainiers Trounce Isotopes in Homestand Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Homestand Highlights (April 16-22) - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Get Shut out 10-0 in Series Finale - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Giambrone, Happ Homer in I-Cubs' Loss to Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers Bats Break Out in 10-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds End Road Trip with 10-2 Win - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Forces Series Split with 10-2 Win over Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Missions Topped by Sounds in Series Finale - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Beat Omaha to Finish Trip - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds' Offense Stays Hot, Holds off Missions - Nashville Sounds
- Gallen Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Payton, Gallen Win Season's First Weekly Awards - PCL
- Ephesus Named Title Partner of Triple-A National Championship Game - PCL
- Monday's Salt Lake Bees Game Postponed - Salt Lake Bees
- Today's Game Postponed Due to Rain - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Take on Oakland Affiliate in Jam-Packed Homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- OKC Dodgers and LifeShare of Oklahoma Partner to Encourage Organ Donation - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (3-8) at San Antonio Missions (7-4) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (4-7) at Round Rock Express (7-4) - Memphis Redbirds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 15, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Snapping out of a Slump - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.