Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Norfolk Admirals
VENUE: Scope Arena, Norfolk, Va.
DATE: Friday, Jan. 10 at 7:30 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr, and TuneIn
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (13-14-4-1) face the Norfolk Admirals (10-22-4-0) for the third meeting of 10 total games this season. The Solar Bears are 0-2-0-0 against Norfolk this season, but since Orlando's previous encounter with the Admirals on Nov. 26, the Solar Bears have gone 8-6-1-0.
LANGAN LEAD THE WAY AGAINST ADMIRALS: Tristin Langan is Orlando's leading scorer against the Admirals, with three points (1g-2a) in two games.
COUGHLER LOOKING TO BUILD OFF SOLID RETURN: After missing the final five games of December, Jake Coughler made his return to the lineup on Sunday against Brampton. Playing on a line with Alexey Lipanov and Tristin Langan, Coughler matched his season-high with five shots on goal and generated his second multi-point game of the season with a goal and an assist.
THREE IS KEY: In each of Orlando's two previous outings against Norfolk, the Solar Bears only managed to find the back of the net twice. The Solar Bears' record is vastly improved when the team scores at least three times; the team is 11-2-0-0 when hitting that plateau.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: The Admirals are in the midst of a five-game winless streak (0-4-1-0), most recently dropping a 3-2 overtime decision last Saturday in Atlanta.
The Solar Bears continue their six-game road trip when they face the Norfolk Admirals at the Scope Arena on Saturday, Jan. 11 at 7:30 p.m. The Solar Bears return home to face the Jacksonville Icemen on Thursday, Jan. 23 for a Thirsty Thursday, presented by Coors Light - fans can take advantage of $5 domestic draft beers during the game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2020
- Quenneville Ties History as Rush Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Rally to Earn Point, But Fall to Indy in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Gain a Point against West's Best in Texas - Kalamazoo Wings
- Christopher Brown Recalled to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Blanks Grizzlies, 3-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Rip 'Blades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Power Play Goals Lead Steelheads to 3-2 Road Win over Komets - Idaho Steelheads
- Big Third Period Pushes Greenville Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn First Shootout Win over Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Unable to Complete Comeback in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Stifle Rays, 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Drop Third Straight One Goal Game - Maine Mariners
- Royals Pour 44 Shots on Nailers for 5-2 Win - Reading Royals
- Growlers Battle Harsh Travel and Hold off the Mariners 3-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in 3-2 Home Win over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Put 48 Shots on Net But Drop 3-2 Decision to Railers - Adirondack Thunder
- Toronto Marlies Sign Growlers Goaltender Parker Gahagen to AHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Brings Back Merasty - Wichita Thunder
- Jimmy Huntington Reassigned to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Officials Named for ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Officials Named for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - ECHL
- Royals Conclude First Half with Country Night Matchup against Nailers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Weekend Preview: Growlers VS Maine & Worcester - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.