Growlers Weekend Preview: Growlers VS Maine & Worcester
Growlers Weekend Preview | Growlers VS Maine & Worcester
FRIDAY, JANUARY 10TH (8:45 PM NST) & SUNDAY, JANUARY 12TH (4:30 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (24-10-0-0, 48 PTS) vs. Maine Mariners (17-14-0-1, 35 PTS)
SATURDAY, JANUARY 11TH (8:35 PM NST)
Newfoundland Growlers (24-10-0-0, 48 PTS) vs. Worcester Railers (13-19-2-0, 28 PTS)
WATCH: ECHL TV
The Newfoundland Growlers hit the road for a three-in-three which starts and finishes in Portland, Maine for battles with the Maine Mariners, ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers with a stop in Worcester, Massachusetts in between to face off against the Worcester Railers, ECHL affiliate of the New York Islanders.
The Growlers and Mariners have faced off four times this season with both teams sporting a 2-2 record, while the Growlers are 5-2-1 in eight meetings with the Railers so far this season.
Zach O'Brien fired home his 10th of the season 2:51 into overtime as the Newfoundland Growlers extended their home winning streak to 14 games in a 3-2 win over the Adirondack Thunder Saturday night at Mile One Centre. The win also marked the third straight overtime win for the Growlers. Colt Conrad along with O'Brien scored in regulation time for Newfoundland. Angus Redmond made 29 saves to improve to 7-0 this season, while Evan Cormier made 33 saves in a third-star performance for the Thunder.
Jan. 8: F Giorgio Estephan re-assigned to Newfoundland by Toronto (AHL); D Phil Johansson released.
Newfoundland Maine Worcester
G: Marcus Power (15) Terrance Wallin (16) Nic Pierog (14)
A: Giorgio Estephan (25) Alex Kile (18) Jordan Samuels-Thomas (18)
PTS: Giorgio Estephan (38) Terrance Wallin (29) Jordan Samuels-Thomas (29)
PIM: Matt Bradley (40) Morgan Adams-Moisan (34) Yanick Turcotte (103)
+/-: Evan Neugold (+13) Terrance Wallin (+11) Dante Salituro (+9)
The Growlers are 7-8 away from Mile One Centre this season
Joseph Duszak was selected as the Growlers representative at the 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Game in Wichita, Kansas
Justin Brazeau has a six-game point streak
The Mariners are on a two-game losing skid
Alex Kile has a five-game point streak
Terrance Wallin has four goals in four games against the Growlers this season
The Railers are on a four-game point streak (3-0-1-0)
Nic Pierog has four goals in the last two games
Ivan Chukarov is on a four-game point streak
Maine - November 30th, 2019 - 5-2 Newfoundland Growlers
The Newfoundland Growlers wrapped up their longest road trip of the season on a high note in a gutsy 5-2 win over the Maine Mariners at the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, Maine, despite playing the game with only 15 skaters. Brady Ferguson netted a pair of goals, while Garrett Johnston, Evan Neugold, Dylan Vander Esch and Trey Bradley all recorded multi-point nights. Angus Redmond made 28 saves for the Growlers, while Connor LaCouvee also made 28 saves for the Mariners.
Worcester - December 31st, 2019 - 4-3 Newfoundland Growlers
Zach O'Brien scored just 24 seconds into overtime as the Newfoundland Growlers clawed back to score three unanswered goals en route to a 4-3 victory over the Worcester Railers on New Year's Eve at Mile One Centre. Marcus Power, Justin Brazeau and Colt Conrad also scored for the Growlers in the win. Drew Callin had a pair of goals for the Railers. Angus Redmond made 25 saves for Newfoundland, while Evan Buitenhuis made 32 saves in a third-star performance for Worcester.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2020
- Quenneville Ties History as Rush Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Rally to Earn Point, But Fall to Indy in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Gain a Point against West's Best in Texas - Kalamazoo Wings
- Christopher Brown Recalled to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Blanks Grizzlies, 3-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Rip 'Blades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Power Play Goals Lead Steelheads to 3-2 Road Win over Komets - Idaho Steelheads
- Big Third Period Pushes Greenville Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn First Shootout Win over Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Unable to Complete Comeback in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Stifle Rays, 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Drop Third Straight One Goal Game - Maine Mariners
- Royals Pour 44 Shots on Nailers for 5-2 Win - Reading Royals
- Growlers Battle Harsh Travel and Hold off the Mariners 3-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in 3-2 Home Win over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Put 48 Shots on Net But Drop 3-2 Decision to Railers - Adirondack Thunder
- Toronto Marlies Sign Growlers Goaltender Parker Gahagen to AHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Brings Back Merasty - Wichita Thunder
- Jimmy Huntington Reassigned to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Officials Named for ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Officials Named for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - ECHL
- Royals Conclude First Half with Country Night Matchup against Nailers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Weekend Preview: Growlers VS Maine & Worcester - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.