Toronto Marlies Sign Growlers Goaltender Parker Gahagen to AHL Contract
St. John's - The Newfoundland Growlers announced today that the Toronto Marlies have signed goaltender Parker Gahagen to a one-year AHL contract.
Gahagen, 26, has split this season between the ECHL's Newfoundland Growlers and the Evansville Thunderbolts of the Southern Professional Hockey League. During his time with the Growlers, he recorded a 2.22 goals-against average and .928 save percentage with a record of 5-1-0. Prior to joining the Growlers, Gahagen appeared in 6 games with the Evansville Thunderbolts of the Southern Professional Hockey League where he has compiled a 2.63 goals-against average and .909 save percentage with a record of 3-2-1.
The Buffalo, New York native skated in 5 games with the American Hockey League's San Joes Barracuda during the 2017-18 season where he recorded a 2-2 record with a 3.95 goals-against average and .847 save percentage.
Parker spent four years playing for the United States Military Academy in NCAA Division I hockey. He graduated after 110 games with a 40-49-16 record and a .926 save percentage. During his time at West Point, he posting five shut outs in his senior year, in addition to a .934 save percentage, a 2.00 goals-against average, and a 17-13-4 record. He earned a Hobey Baker nomination for the top player in the NCAA and was a semifinalist for the Mike Richter Award for the most outstanding Division I goaltender.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 10, 2020
- Quenneville Ties History as Rush Force Rubber Match - Rapid City Rush
- Walleye Rally to Earn Point, But Fall to Indy in Shootout - Toledo Walleye
- K-Wings Gain a Point against West's Best in Texas - Kalamazoo Wings
- Christopher Brown Recalled to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Blanks Grizzlies, 3-0 - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Rip 'Blades - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Power Play Goals Lead Steelheads to 3-2 Road Win over Komets - Idaho Steelheads
- Big Third Period Pushes Greenville Past Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Earn First Shootout Win over Toledo - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Unable to Complete Comeback in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Stifle Rays, 3-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Drop Third Straight One Goal Game - Maine Mariners
- Royals Pour 44 Shots on Nailers for 5-2 Win - Reading Royals
- Growlers Battle Harsh Travel and Hold off the Mariners 3-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Boots Makes 46 Saves in 3-2 Home Win over Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Thunder Put 48 Shots on Net But Drop 3-2 Decision to Railers - Adirondack Thunder
- Toronto Marlies Sign Growlers Goaltender Parker Gahagen to AHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Thunder Brings Back Merasty - Wichita Thunder
- Jimmy Huntington Reassigned to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - January 10 - ECHL
- Officials Named for ECHL All-Star Classic - Wichita Thunder
- Officials Named for 2020 Warrior/ECHL All-Star Classic Presented by Toyota - ECHL
- Royals Conclude First Half with Country Night Matchup against Nailers - Reading Royals
- Growlers Weekend Preview: Growlers VS Maine & Worcester - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Newfoundland Growlers Stories
- Growlers Bring Academy to Labrador
- Growlers Add Bob Hunter for New Mile One Centre Proposal
- Growlers Launch Website Highlighting Plans for Mile One Centre
- MEDIA RELEASE: Growlers to Opt-Out of 2020-21 ECHL Season
- Growlers Announce Book Chronicling Championship Season