Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers, November 10
The Belleville Senators will look to push its point streak to four as they visit Bridgeport for the only time this season.
The Senators (5-6-1-0) have quickly and quietly put together a three-game point streak that was extended with a 4-3 shootout win Hartford Saturday night. This afternoon's game marks the third and final game of the Sens' 3-on-3.
Bridgeport (3-8-2-1) were beaten 4-1 by Providence Saturday and currently sit eighth in the Atlantic Division. The Sound Tigers' 26 goals are by far the lowest in the Eastern Conference with Charlotte's 34 the next closest.
No changes for the Sens as they get set for their third game in less than 72 hours. Andreas Englund and Stuart Percy remain out as they didn't make the trip for the Sens.
No official word on who starts today for the Senators with Filip Gustavsson and Marcus Hogberg having performed well in their starts so far on the road trip.
The Sens have had zero success, literally, against Bridgeport in their brief history as they are 0-4 all-time. To make matters worse, Belleville have managed just five goals in those four games.
Who to watch
Jordan Szwarz had a shorthanded goal Saturday and the shootout game-winner. The Senators captain has six points (three goals) in 10 games this year.
Oliver Wahlstrom has started his rookie campaign nicely by tallying four points (two goals) in his five games so far. The 11th overall pick in 2018 has also played nine games for the Islanders this season but has yet to register an NHL point.
Where to watch
Saturday's game starts at 3pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 2:50pm with Jack Miller on the call.
Images from this story
Belleville Senators defenseman Max Lajoie
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Carr, Grosenick Lead Admirals to Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Snag Standings Point as Frost Scores Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Dethrones Reign in 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Bears Comeback Late, Top Phantoms in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Mahura - San Diego Gulls
- Sparks Sets Record, But Wolves Fall - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Gladly Leave Road behind after Shutout Loss - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Take Shoot-Out Win over San Antonio - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Win in Bridgeport to Complete 3-In-3 - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Columbus Blue Jackets place Nutivaara on Injured Reserve, assigns Kivlenieks to Cleveland (AHL), recalls Merzlikins and Robinson - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Rebound to Top Providence, 2-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ladd scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Sunday loss to Belleville - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Phantoms Recall James de Haas from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Forward Jake Elmer Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers, November 10 - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Undone by Bakersfield's Big Second Period - San Jose Barracuda
- First to Ten - Tucson Roadrunners
- Benson Hat Trick Rockets Condors Past San Jose, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Strand Rallies Reign in Third - Ontario Reign
- Berdin Keeps Wolves at Bay in 3-0 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Belleville Senators Announce Temporary Relocation for Home Games for 2020-21 Season
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 19th
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 16th
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Rocket February 13th
- Game Day Build Up: Senators at Rocket February 12th