Sens Win in Bridgeport to Complete 3-In-3
The Belleville Senators completed its 3-in-3 with a 2-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers Sunday afternoon.
In his second start in as many days, Marcus Hogberg made 27 saves while Morgan Klimchuk and Max Veronneau scored. Bridgeport's Jakub Skarek stopped 28 shots as Andrew Ladd had the Sound Tigers' lone goal.
In a brisk first period, the Sens struck late in the frame through Klimchuk's third of the year as after Mike Carcone's stick broke on the initial shot fooling Skarek, Klimchuk was able to toe-drag and beat the Bridgeport netminder for a 1-0 lead.
The lead was 2-0 3:52 into the second period as Veronneau grabbed his fourth of the year as he was on hand to bury Alex Formenton's centering feed up high from in-close.
The Sound Tigers cut the lead in half before the second was up as Ladd scored his first of the year on a wrister from the right circle with 2:25 left in the frame.
Hogberg made 10 saves in the third period, although none were extraordinary, as he grabbed his third win of the season to help the Sens get back to .500 at 6-6-0-1.
Sens forward Chris Clapperton registered an assist on Klimchuk's goal, his first AHL point. The win marked Belleville's first victory over Bridgeport in five attempts.
The Sens will hit the ice again Wednesday when they visit Laval. Belleville returns home Nov. 15 to host Bridgeport and tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Carr, Grosenick Lead Admirals to Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Snag Standings Point as Frost Scores Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Dethrones Reign in 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Bears Comeback Late, Top Phantoms in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Mahura - San Diego Gulls
- Sparks Sets Record, But Wolves Fall - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Gladly Leave Road behind after Shutout Loss - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Take Shoot-Out Win over San Antonio - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Win in Bridgeport to Complete 3-In-3 - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Columbus Blue Jackets place Nutivaara on Injured Reserve, assigns Kivlenieks to Cleveland (AHL), recalls Merzlikins and Robinson - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Rebound to Top Providence, 2-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ladd scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Sunday loss to Belleville - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Phantoms Recall James de Haas from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Forward Jake Elmer Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers, November 10 - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Undone by Bakersfield's Big Second Period - San Jose Barracuda
- First to Ten - Tucson Roadrunners
- Benson Hat Trick Rockets Condors Past San Jose, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Strand Rallies Reign in Third - Ontario Reign
- Berdin Keeps Wolves at Bay in 3-0 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.