P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 2-1
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Jack Studnicka scored the lone goal for Providence while Kyle Keyser made 23 saves as the Bruins comeback attempt fell just short on Sunday afternoon in a tight matchup with the Hartford Wolf Pack.
Paul Carey and Oskar Steen each picked up an assist on Studnicka's third period tally.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
HARTFORD 1 1 0 2
PROVIDENCE 0 0 1 1
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"We're obviously disappointed with the loss. I actually liked our start up until we gave up that first goal. I thought we actually had some pretty good momentum. We were on the forecheck and doing the things we wanted to do. They scored that first one and we got a little deflated. I think it took about 30 minutes for us to find our game again and that was disappointing. Once the third period rolled around I think we changed our mindset. We were putting pucks behind them and we got skating. I thought the third was our strongest period, but unfortunately we were unable to crawl out of the hole that we put ourselves in and that was our demise. Hopefully we can learn from it and get back at these guys next week."
JACK STUDNICKA - ONE GOAL
"We didn't really play to our identity enough today. Once the third period rolled around we started to find our game and play how we want to and expect to. At the end of the day we didn't start on time and unfortunately lost the two points.
"I'm just trying to do all I can to contribute. Team success is going to bring individual success, so we just have to keep playing the way we know how to and good things will come."
- Jack Studnicka scored a goal for the second consecutive game and extended his point streak to three games. He has recorded at least one point in seven of his last nine games.
- With an assist on the Studnicka goal, Paul Carey extended his point streak to three games. He has recorded at least one point in eight of his last nine games.
- Oskar Steen recorded the secondary assist on Studnicka's goal and has collected helpers in two consecutive contests.
- The Bruins will be back in Providence to take on the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Monday, November 11 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Carr, Grosenick Lead Admirals to Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Snag Standings Point as Frost Scores Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Dethrones Reign in 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Bears Comeback Late, Top Phantoms in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Mahura - San Diego Gulls
- Sparks Sets Record, But Wolves Fall - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Gladly Leave Road behind after Shutout Loss - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Take Shoot-Out Win over San Antonio - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Win in Bridgeport to Complete 3-In-3 - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Columbus Blue Jackets place Nutivaara on Injured Reserve, assigns Kivlenieks to Cleveland (AHL), recalls Merzlikins and Robinson - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Rebound to Top Providence, 2-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ladd scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Sunday loss to Belleville - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Phantoms Recall James de Haas from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Forward Jake Elmer Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers, November 10 - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Undone by Bakersfield's Big Second Period - San Jose Barracuda
- First to Ten - Tucson Roadrunners
- Benson Hat Trick Rockets Condors Past San Jose, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Strand Rallies Reign in Third - Ontario Reign
- Berdin Keeps Wolves at Bay in 3-0 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- P-Bruins Collect Third Consecutive Win in 5-2 Victory over Hartford Wolf Pack
- Vladar Stands Tall, Senyshyn Scores Game-Winner as P-Bruins Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 1-0
- Three Unanswered Third Period Goals Propel P-Bruins to Win over Bridgeport
- P-Bruins Fail to Score, Lose to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-0