Forward Jake Elmer Reassigned to Wolf Pack
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the parent New York Rangers have reassigned forward Jake Elmer to the Wolf Pack from its ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners.
Elmer, a rookie out of Western Hockey League, has four goals and two assists for six points, plus eight penalty minutes, in eight games with the Mariners, including a hat trick in a 5-1 Maine win over Adirondack Saturday night at home. The 6-1, 183-pound Elmer is tied for third on the Mariner club in goals and ranks fourth in points.
Elmer skated in five games with the Wolf Pack in 2018-19, notching two goals and two assists for four points, plus four penalty minutes. The 20-year-old Calgary, Alberta native scored a team-leading 39 goals and added 42 assists for 81 points in 68 games with the WHL's Lethbridge Hurricanes last season, finishing third on the team in points. That included a league-leading seven shorthanded goals.
In 204 career WHL games over five seasons with the Hurricanes, Kootenay Ice and Regina Pats, Elmer totaled 64 goals and 70 assists for 134 points, as well as 117 penalty minutes. He signed as a free agent with the Rangers March 15, 2019.
JAKE ELMER'S AMATEUR AND PROFESSIONAL RECORD
Regular Season Playoffs
Year Team Lge. GP G A PTS PIM GP G A Pts. PIM
2014-15 Regina WHL 3 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 Regina WHL 17 0 0 0 6 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Kootenay WHL 46 7 9 16 24 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Lethbridge WHL 70 18 19 37 46 16 4 9 13 8
2018-19 Lethbridge WHL 68 39 42 81 41 7 1 5 6 10
Wolf Pack AHL 5 2 2 4 4 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Maine ECHL 8 4 2 6 8
The Wolf Pack finish a three-game weekend Sunday afternoon, visiting the Providence Bruins for a 3:05 PM game. All of the action of that battle can be heard on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. Video streaming is available at www.ahllive.com.
The next home game for the Wolf Pack is also against the Bruins, this Saturday night, November 16. Faceoff is 7:00 PM, and that is "Hockey Fights Cancer Night". The Wolf Pack will be teaming up with Hockey Fights Cancer to support those who are battling cancer, and their families. Also, the first 2,000 fans will receive a free Wolf Pack lanyard, courtesy of CM Concessions.
Tickets for all 2019-20 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Sunwave Gas & Power Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $10 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
To speak with a Wolf Pack representative about season or group tickets, or any of the Wolf Pack's many ticketing options, call (860) 722-9425. To visit the Wolf Pack on line, go to www.hartfordwolfpack.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2019
- Carr, Grosenick Lead Admirals to Shootout Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Snag Standings Point as Frost Scores Again - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wild Dethrones Reign in 3-0 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Bears Comeback Late, Top Phantoms in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Mahura - San Diego Gulls
- Sparks Sets Record, But Wolves Fall - Chicago Wolves
- Reign Gladly Leave Road behind after Shutout Loss - Ontario Reign
- Admirals Take Shoot-Out Win over San Antonio - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sens Win in Bridgeport to Complete 3-In-3 - Belleville Senators
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Columbus Blue Jackets place Nutivaara on Injured Reserve, assigns Kivlenieks to Cleveland (AHL), recalls Merzlikins and Robinson - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Rebound to Top Providence, 2-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Ladd scores Bridgeport's lone goal in Sunday loss to Belleville - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Phantoms Recall James de Haas from Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Forward Jake Elmer Reassigned to Wolf Pack - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Sound Tigers, November 10 - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Undone by Bakersfield's Big Second Period - San Jose Barracuda
- First to Ten - Tucson Roadrunners
- Benson Hat Trick Rockets Condors Past San Jose, 6-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Strand Rallies Reign in Third - Ontario Reign
- Berdin Keeps Wolves at Bay in 3-0 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff