Fuel Fly Past the Cyclones on Friday Night
INDIANAPOLIS - Playing the first of three straight games on the weekend, the Fuel hosted the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday night. After a scoreless first period, Indy jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the 2nd period and eventually earned the 3-1 on Friday night.
Through the first 12 minutes of the first period, the Fuel would have two opportunities on the man advantage and outshoot the Cyclones 15-1 but Sean Bonar would hold them at bay. Indy wouldn't be able to beat Bonar through the first 20 minutes, sending the two teams to the locker room tied 0-0.
It would take 12 minutes into the second period for any team to get on the board. Feeding receiving a one-timer pass from Mike Lee, Jared Thomas buried the first goal of the game and put the Fuel up 1-0. Taking advantage of an odd-man rush, Indy's Jacob Leguerrier extended the Fuel's lead to 2-0 when he tapped a rebound past Bonar.
The Cyclones would come out of the gates flying in the third period but Fuel goaltender Mitch Gillam would hold them off. After putting a barrage of shots on the Fuel net, Justin Vaive would tuck a loose puck behind Gillam, cutting Indy's lead to 2-1. Indy would seal the game when Jan Mandat put home the empty netter for his eighth of the season.
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2022
- Solar Bears Fly Past Mariners in 6-2 Win - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nesbitt Leads Atlanta to Victory with Milestone Night - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gladiators Overpower Blades 5-3 - Florida Everblades
- Lions Defeat Worcester Railers 4-3 Friday Night in Massachusetts. - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Walleye Win Third Straight with 4-3 Victory over Iowa - Toledo Walleye
- Heartlanders Close in Opening Game of Weekend at Toledo, 4-3 - Iowa Heartlanders
- Nailers Deliver the Boom on Kalamazoo, 6-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Fly Past the Cyclones on Friday Night - Indy Fuel
- Trois-Riviéres Scores Late Goal to Take 4-3 Victory - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Fall 3-1 to Fuel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Fall in Low-Scoring Affair - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Rally Stalled by Solar Bears - Maine Mariners
- Five Unanswered Goals Drown Thunder, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Jake Kupsky, Mason Mitchell Return from AHL Stints - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Playoff Qualifications for the 2022 Kelly Cup Playoffs - Allen Americans
- Icemen Acquire Forwards Sacco & Harris - Jacksonville Icemen
- Grizzlies Gameday: Friday Series Opener at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Announces Qualification Rules, Format for 2022 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Worcester Railers HC Re-Sign Veteran Forward Bobby Butler - Worcester Railers HC
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Maine Mariners: January 21, 2022 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Notes: vs Idaho - Rapid City Rush
- The Lions - Finally - Are Back in Action - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- Everblades and Gladiators Meet up After All-Star Break - Florida Everblades
- Wichita Opens Three-In-Three Tonight vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day Preview: Americans at Utah, 8:10 PM CST - Allen Americans
- Glads Get Set for Pair of Games against South Division Leaders - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.