Foerster and Zamula Return to Phantoms
March 26, 2023 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Lehigh Valley Phantoms News Release
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Philadelphia Flyers have loaned forward Tyson Foerster and defenseman Egor Zamula to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms according to Interim General Manager, Daniel Briere.
Foerster, 21, made his NHL debut at the Carolina Hurricanes on March 9 and scored his first NHL goal on March 18 in a home game against Carolina. He scored 3-4-7 in eight games with Philadelphia and departs the Flyers on a five-game point streak and two-game goal streak including a snipe against Marc-Andre Fleury of the Minnesota Wild on Thursday followed by an empty-net goal against Detroit on Saturday.
Foerster is second on the Phantoms with 19 goals and 39 points and he also leads the Phantoms in power-play scoring with seven goals on the man advantage and nine power-play assists for 16 points. He was named to the AHL All-Star Classic in Laval in February.
While the Flyers' first-round selection in 2020 had played for the Phantoms prior to the 2022-23 season, he had never played a full 72-game season at the pro level. He had just 24 games in the abbreviated 2020-21 season that started in February scoring 10-7-17 in his first opportunity at the pro level. And last year, while still only 19 years old, Foerster only played in nine games with Lehigh Valley before a shoulder injury in November derailed his season. He has played in 98 pro games in the AHL and NHL combined including 90 career games with Lehigh Valley scoring 31-28-59.
Zamula, 22, played in three games with the Flyers this week which were his first with Philadelphia since December 1. He has also played in 42 games with the Phantoms this season scoring one goal with 15 assists for 16 points. Zamula began this season with Philadelphia and has now played in 14 games with the Flyers this year recording two assists.
The 6'3â³ tall, left-handed shot is in his third season of professional hockey and has played 125 games with the Phantoms in his career since beginning with the Phantoms in 2020-21. He has scored 5-40-45 with Lehigh Valley while also playing in 23 career games with the Phantoms scoring 0-2-2.
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms return to action this evening with a 5:00 p.m. engagement at rival Hershey.
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms defenseman Egor Zamula
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Tyson Foerster
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2023
- Reign Sweeps Canucks - Ontario Reign
- Abbotsford Canucks Clinch Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Abbotsford Canucks
- Phantoms Rally Late Again, Stun Bears in Shootout - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Wrap Weekend with 4-3 Shootout Loss to Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Game Day - SD vs CGY - 03.26.2023 - Calgary Wranglers
- Abbotsford Canucks Fall to the Reign 3-2 in Overtime - Abbotsford Canucks
- Roadrunners Outlast Eagles in 2-1 Overtime Victory to Complete Two-Game Sweep - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Delay Stars Chance to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texas Stars
- Wolves Outshine Stars 3-2 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Jump out to Early Lead, Cruise to 5-1 Win over Penguins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Top Eagles 2-1 in OT, as Colorado Clinches Playoff Berth - Colorado Eagles
- Penguins Lose to Wolf Pack - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Blow Past Comets, 6-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Sweep Weekend with 5-2 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Comets Defeated by Crunch, 6-1 - Utica Comets
- Moose Downed by Laval, 4-1 - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Come up Short in 5-2 Loss against Americans - Cleveland Monsters
- Monsters Announce Two Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Suffer Second Straight Defeat to Providence - Charlotte Checkers
- P-Bruins Top Checkers, Extend Win Streak to Seven Games - Providence Bruins
- Colorado Eagles Release McCourt, Cutler - Colorado Eagles
- Robinson Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Pens Swap Frasca for Nappier with Wheeling, Sign Roehl to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Foerster and Zamula Return to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Wrap up Final Three-In-Three Set with Date vs. Penguins - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #64 - Tucson Roadrunners at Colorado Eagles - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Cruise Past Condors, 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Roadrunners Earn Largest Victory Of The Season With 7-1 Win Over Colorado Eagles - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.