Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend
Dayton, Ohio - The Dayton Dragons are hosting the second "Rebuilding The Arts" weekend of the season at Day Air Ballpark Friday through Sunday. This weekend not-for-profit arts organization, Dayton Live, has been selected to be in the center of the spotlight.
Dayton Live is the region's home for arts, culture, and entertainment. As a not-for-profit arts organization, Dayton Live's mission is to strengthen community engagement in the arts through inspiring performances, educational opportunities, and world class venues. Dayton Live owns and maintains the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center, Victoria Theatre, The Loft Theatre, and PNC Arts Annex. Dayton Live presents a wide variety of arts and entertainment events each year, including the best in touring Broadway, family shows, concerts, comedians, school day performances, and so much more. In addition, Dayton Live provides ticketing services to all its resident companies and more - while also operating The Arts Garage to help offset the costs of maintaining Dayton's premier performance venues.
Formerly known as Victoria Theatre Association, Dayton Live came into existence two days prior to the statewide shutdown of venues due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Hundreds of performances and thousands of refunded tickets later, Dayton Live is now rebuilding to bring amazing performances to our region and provide world-class venues to our resident companies.
To introduce Dragons fans to everything that Dayton Live brings to the area, videos will play in between innings to introduce fans to the new 2021-2022 season of performances. In addition, fans can visit Dayton Live along the concourse and spin the prize wheel to win Dayton Live merchandise, show swag, and learn about how to get tickets to some of the hottest shows coming to Dayton in 2021-2022.
There is also a tangible fundraising component to this weekend, and fans can participate even if they are not able to attend one of this weekend's games. The Dragons 50/50 raffle is going to be a rolling jackpot all week long. At the end of the raffle on Sunday afternoon, 50 percent of the proceeds will go to one lucky winner and the other 50 percent goes directly to Dayton Live to help fund their operations as they recover from the pandemic.
Fans can get 50/50 raffle tickets right now through the online portal at http://www.daytondragons5050.com/.
Tickets are still available for all three games this weekend to join the Dragons in this special "Rebuilding The Arts" weekend, showcasing Dayton Live. Tickets can be purchased online at https://www.milb.com/dayton/tickets/single-game-tickets or through the Dragons Box Office at Day Air Ballpark.
Upcoming "Rebuilding The Arts" weekends:
Aug 20-22 : Dayton Art Institute
The Dragons play at beautiful, downtown Day Air Ballpark and are scheduled to play 21 more home games during the regular season. Game times are 7:05 p.m. for Tuesday through Saturday games and 2:05 p.m. on Sundays. No Monday games are scheduled at this time. Gates open one hour prior to game time. Single-game tickets for all Dragons 2021 home games are available at www.daytondragons.com or by phone at (937) 228-2287.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Kernels Stop Wisconsin 6-5 in Eleven Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Veneziano's Gem, Means' Walk-Off Propels Q.C. Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Go Big Early to Knock off TinCaps, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Rally Past Chiefs in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Prevail in 11 Innings, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Top Dragons 8-5 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Strikeout 20 Dragons in Comeback Win - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Fall To Lugnuts In Four Hour Affair - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pages Scores All Five, Series Even - Great Lakes Loons
- Pages Turn 'Caps to 5-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Roster Transaction: Trio of Lugnuts Traded to Washington - Lansing Lugnuts
- Date for Green & Gold Charity Softball Challenge Changed to Sunday, August 15 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: July 30 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women - Dayton Dragons
- Hellinger Joins Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Honor Michigan Teacher of the Year Leah Porter on Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Falls to Quad Cities, 11-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Fire Alarm Delays Bandits' Monster Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Top Cedar Rapids 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons Close out Season with Win, Finish in Tie for First But Miss Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Sunday
- Dragons Win But Playoff Hopes End as Cedar Rapids Tops Peoria
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Saturday
- Dragons Earn 4th Straight Win, Stay in Playoff Hunt