Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21
SOUTH BEND, IN - The South Bend Cubs have announced a makeup date for their postponed game originally scheduled on Sunday, May 9 versus the Quad Cities River Bandits.
The game will be made up as part of a 7-inning doubleheader on Saturday, August 21. Gates will open at 4:30 p.m. ET and first pitch of game one is now scheduled for 5:00 p.m. Game two will begin approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of game one. Flat Screen TV giveaways will not begin until the start of game 2.
Fans who have purchased tickets for August 21 can attend both games. Anyone who purchased tickets for the game on May 9 and has not exchanged them, can still redeem their tickets for any other South Bend Cubs 2021 regular season home game for equal or lesser value. Tickets can be redeemed by visiting the South Bend Cubs Box Office or by calling (574) 235-9988.
The South Bend Cubs welcome the Peoria Chiefs, High-A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals to Four Winds Field for a six-game series beginning August 3. Promotions that night include Triple Play Tuesday, presented by Kayem Foods. Fans can purchase a game ticket, hot dog, and fountain soda package beginning at $12 when purchased at least 24 hours in advance. It's also Tail Waggin' Tuesday presented by WellPet LLC. Fans can bring their dog to the ballpark but must sign a waiver prior to entry.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Kernels Stop Wisconsin 6-5 in Eleven Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Veneziano's Gem, Means' Walk-Off Propels Q.C. Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Go Big Early to Knock off TinCaps, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Rally Past Chiefs in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Prevail in 11 Innings, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Top Dragons 8-5 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Strikeout 20 Dragons in Comeback Win - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Fall To Lugnuts In Four Hour Affair - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pages Scores All Five, Series Even - Great Lakes Loons
- Pages Turn 'Caps to 5-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Roster Transaction: Trio of Lugnuts Traded to Washington - Lansing Lugnuts
- Date for Green & Gold Charity Softball Challenge Changed to Sunday, August 15 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: July 30 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women - Dayton Dragons
- Hellinger Joins Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Honor Michigan Teacher of the Year Leah Porter on Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Falls to Quad Cities, 11-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Fire Alarm Delays Bandits' Monster Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Top Cedar Rapids 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- South Bend Cubs Join "Marvel's Defenders of the DiamondÃ¢ÂÂ
- Safe Trick Or Treating Event Returns to Four Winds Field on October 25
- Baseball Returned to the Bend in 2021
- South Bend Ends Season with an Extra-Innings Victory
- Wild 9th Ends in River Bandits Walk-Off Win