Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs
BELOIT, WI - The Beloit Snappers (33-43) went to extras for the second straight night against the Peoria Chiefs (30-46) on Friday, and Dustin Skelton was the man of the night with his first multi-homer game and three RBIs.
The Snappers gave up an early run in the second inning but recovered to tie it up on a Skelton home run to left field in the top of the fifth. The Chiefs came storming back and scored three runs in the bottom of the fifth inning off Beloit's starter Bryan Hoeing.
The score stayed 4-1 until the seventh inning when Skelton hit his second home run of the night with one out. Skelton's multi-home run game was the first for the Snappers since May 23rd in Cedar Rapids. Victor Victor Mesa tied the game a few batters later with a two-run single.
Tied at four, the game went into extras where Skelton delivered again with a two-out single to right-center field to plate the placed Thomas Jones in the top of the tenth. Brady Puckett recorded the final three outs for the Snappers to pick up his fifth win.
Beloit's Top Performers: Mesa was 2-for-4 with the game-tying single in the seventh. Skelton had a multi-homer game in a 3-for-5 effort. Marcos Rivera collected a multi-hit game, his second straight. Puckett threw three scoreless innings to advance to 5-1 on the season.
The Snappers are on the road in Peoria again on Saturday before moving into ABC Supply Stadium downtown beginning August 3. For more information on tickets or group outings, call our front office at 608.362.2272 or visit SnappersBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Kernels Stop Wisconsin 6-5 in Eleven Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Veneziano's Gem, Means' Walk-Off Propels Q.C. Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Go Big Early to Knock off TinCaps, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Rally Past Chiefs in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Prevail in 11 Innings, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs - Beloit Sky Carp
- Captains Top Dragons 8-5 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Strikeout 20 Dragons in Comeback Win - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Fall To Lugnuts In Four Hour Affair - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pages Scores All Five, Series Even - Great Lakes Loons
- Pages Turn 'Caps to 5-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Roster Transaction: Trio of Lugnuts Traded to Washington - Lansing Lugnuts
- Date for Green & Gold Charity Softball Challenge Changed to Sunday, August 15 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: July 30 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women - Dayton Dragons
- Hellinger Joins Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Honor Michigan Teacher of the Year Leah Porter on Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Falls to Quad Cities, 11-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Fire Alarm Delays Bandits' Monster Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Top Cedar Rapids 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs - Beloit Sky Carp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Sky Carp Stories
- Letter From Quint: Excited To Be A Sky Carp City
- Flick-Or-Treat Movie Night at ABC Supply Stadium October 30
- ABC Supply Stadium to Host UW-Whitewater Baseball Exhibition Games - October 15 and 17
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win
- Snappers' Bats Stifled In 4-0 Loss