Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women
Dayton, Ohio - An unfortunate reality of having a loved one deployed overseas with the military is they miss out on some of life's milestones, both large and small. Deployments vary in length, but the average length will span a full year. Those who are in the military will miss out on those little parts of family life, like sharing holidays with their family.
While the reality of a missed milestone cannot change, the Dragons Hometown Heroes program recreates some of those special dates once a loved one returns home.
For more than a decade, the Hometown Heroes program has created special and unique memories for those military families who missed out on holidays. Both the service members and their families make incredible sacrifices for our country, and in doing so many things are missed. This allows people to give back to these families who have provided so much in defense of our freedoms.
The Dragons have invited a special group of servicemen and women to Day Air Ballpark to help them celebrate missed Mother's and Father's Day. On Sunday, August 1, these families will participate in pre-game activities such as carnival games and a game of kickball. They will then enjoy a celebratory meal while watching the Dayton Dragons take on the Lake County Captains.
Please join us in honoring these service members who have recently returned from deployment, as well as their families, at Sunday's game.
The Hometown Heroes program is made possible by the generous support of the Dayton Development Coalition and Reynolds and Reynolds. For more information, please visit daytondragons.com/HometownHeroes.
The Dragons play at beautiful, downtown Day Air Ballpark and are scheduled to play 21 more home games during the regular season. Game times are 7:05 p.m. for Tuesday through Saturday games and 2:05 p.m. on Sundays. No Monday games are scheduled at this time. Gates open one hour prior to game time. Single-game tickets for all Dragons 2021 home games are available at www.daytondragons.com or by phone at (937) 228-2287.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Kernels Stop Wisconsin 6-5 in Eleven Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Veneziano's Gem, Means' Walk-Off Propels Q.C. Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Go Big Early to Knock off TinCaps, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Rally Past Chiefs in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Prevail in 11 Innings, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Top Dragons 8-5 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Strikeout 20 Dragons in Comeback Win - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Fall To Lugnuts In Four Hour Affair - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pages Scores All Five, Series Even - Great Lakes Loons
- Pages Turn 'Caps to 5-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Roster Transaction: Trio of Lugnuts Traded to Washington - Lansing Lugnuts
- Date for Green & Gold Charity Softball Challenge Changed to Sunday, August 15 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: July 30 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women - Dayton Dragons
- Hellinger Joins Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Honor Michigan Teacher of the Year Leah Porter on Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Falls to Quad Cities, 11-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Fire Alarm Delays Bandits' Monster Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Top Cedar Rapids 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons James Marinan Named League Pitcher of the Month for September
- 2021 Dragon Named Pitching Prospect of the Year; Former Dragons Prepare for MLB Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons 2021 Season Review (Team, Events, & Organization)
- Dragons Close out Season with Win, Finish in Tie for First But Miss Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Sunday