Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs
PEORIA, IL - The Beloit Snappers (32-43) played through nine innings in just over two hours against the Peoria Chiefs (30-45) on Thursday, but it took 12 innings to declare a winner after Beloit piled on eight runs in the 12th to win 10-3.
The Snappers got on the board first after a solo home run from Victor Victor Mesa in the top of the first, his first Minor League home run.
Peoria answered with a run in the second on a solo home run by their first baseman Todd Lott.
The score would stay 1-1 until the 11th. The Snappers and Chiefs each traded runs in the 11th, but Beloit exploded for eight runs in the 12th. Will Banfield hit a three-run home run, and Marcos Rivera hit a grand slam to cap the inning with a 10-2 lead.
The Chiefs scored one in the bottom of the 12th, but Beloit easily held on for a 10-3 win.
Beloit's Top Performers: Starter Antonio Velez threw eight innings with just four hits, and one earned run for his third straight quality start. Mesa went 3-for-6 with the game-winning single in the 12th. Kole Enright had his first four-hit game of the season. Banfield hit his first home run since June 6th in Quad Cities. Rivera hit a ball to the moon for a grand slam.
The Snappers are on the road in Peoria again on Friday before moving into ABC Supply Stadium downtown beginning August 3. For more information on tickets or group outings, call our front office at 608.362.2272 or visit SnappersBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 30, 2021
- Kernels Stop Wisconsin 6-5 in Eleven Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Veneziano's Gem, Means' Walk-Off Propels Q.C. Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Lugs Go Big Early to Knock off TinCaps, 9-6 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Rally Past Chiefs in Extra Innings - Peoria Chiefs
- Kernels Prevail in 11 Innings, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Skelton Launches Two Home Runs as Snappers Win Back-to-Back Extra-Inning Games Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
- Captains Top Dragons 8-5 on Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Captains Strikeout 20 Dragons in Comeback Win - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Fall To Lugnuts In Four Hour Affair - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Pages Scores All Five, Series Even - Great Lakes Loons
- Pages Turn 'Caps to 5-4 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Roster Transaction: Trio of Lugnuts Traded to Washington - Lansing Lugnuts
- Date for Green & Gold Charity Softball Challenge Changed to Sunday, August 15 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Transactions & Game Information: July 30 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hometown Heroes Program to Recreate Missed Holidays for Servicemen and Women - Dayton Dragons
- Hellinger Joins Dayton - Dayton Dragons
- Doubleheader Between South Bend and Quad Cities Now Scheduled for August 21 - South Bend Cubs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Lugnuts to Honor Michigan Teacher of the Year Leah Porter on Sunday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons to Spotlight "Dayton Live" in Second "Rebuilding the Arts" Weekend - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Falls to Quad Cities, 11-3 - South Bend Cubs
- Fire Alarm Delays Bandits' Monster Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Timber Rattlers Top Cedar Rapids 4-1 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Eight-Run 12th Inning Launches Snappers Over Chiefs - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Beloit Snappers Stories
- Flick-Or-Treat Movie Night at ABC Supply Stadium October 30
- ABC Supply Stadium to Host UW-Whitewater Baseball Exhibition Games - October 15 and 17
- Snappers Spoil Captains Playoff Bid With 5-3 Win
- Snappers' Bats Stifled In 4-0 Loss
- Snappers Hit Three Home Runs In 8-3 Win