Dragons Notes for Tuesday
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 l Games # 44-45
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 6:00 p.m.
Suspended DH l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lake County Captains (25-17) at Dayton Dragons (14-29)
RH Evan Mitchell (no record) vs. RH James Marinan (1-5, 6.18)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in a suspended doubleheader. The first game tonight is the resumption of a suspended game from April 14 and will resume in the second inning with no score. The first game is scheduled for nine innings and will be followed by a seven-inning game. These are the second and third games of a five-game series.
Current Series: Lake County 1, Dayton 0. 2019 Season Series: Lake County 4, Dayton 2 (at Dayton: Lake County 2, Dayton 1).
Streaks: The Dragons have lost nine of their last 11 games after winning four of the previous six.
Last Game: Monday: Lake County 3, Dayton 2. The Captains broke a 2-2 tie with a run in the eighth inning and held off the Dragons in the bottom of the ninth. Dayton's Brian Rey delivered a base hit in the ninth with the tying run at second and two outs, but Shard Munroe was tagged out at the plate to end the game after a perfect throw from left field by Lake County's Ruben Cardenas. Pabel Manzanero was 3 for 4 with an RBI for Dayton.
Pabel Manzanero has hit safely in four straight games, going 8 for 16 (.500).
Jay Schuyler is 7 for 23 (.304) over his last six games.
Reliever Connor Bennett in May: 2.00 ERA, 2 saves (9 IP, 2 ER, 15 SO).
Transactions from Monday: Pitcher Adrian Rodriguez promoted to Daytona. Pitcher Moises Nova assigned to Billings. Pitcher Jhon De Jesus activated from injured list. Pitcher Connor Curlis promoted to Dayton from extended spring training.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, May 22 (7:00 p.m.): Lake County RH Alex Royalty (0-2, 6.75) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-4, 4.93)
Thursday, May 23 (7:00 p.m.): Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (4-3, 4.20) at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-2, 3.48)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Bounce Goes 'Caps Way in Walk-Off - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lofstrom, Marinan Lead Dragons to 7-3 Win and Doubleheader Split - Dayton Dragons
- Liberatore K's Eight in 4-3 Walk-Off Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Pitching Dazzles as Hot Homestand Continues - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Take Game One of Doubleheader 12-8 Over Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Drop Third Straight - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Flex Muscles to Stave off Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Salazar Swings Bandits to Fourth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels and Bees Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers Can't Crack Clinton and Fall 5-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Near No-Hitter Ends with Shutout Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Power Trip - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 21 vs. South Bend (Game 42) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add Salute to Service Promotion for May 30 - Peoria Chiefs
- The Ivy at Berlin Place Plaza Now Open - South Bend Cubs
- Kernels Beat Bees 6-0 in Series Opener - Burlington Bees
- Whitecaps Lose Lead, Game - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Albertos Debuts, But Cubs Fall to TinCaps 9-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Clinton Pitching Stymies Beloit in double-header - Beloit Snappers
- Ninth-Inning Rally Lifts Hot Rods to 5-4 Victory on Monday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Clinton Sweeps Doubleheader to Climb Over .500 - Clinton LumberKings
- Cardenas Muscles Captains to 3-2 Win - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Allow Five in Seventh in Loss to Bandits - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Saturday
- Dragons Lose 10th Inning Lead, Fall to Loons 4-3
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Friday
- Dragons 5K Flash Deal & Orthopedic Associates Returning as Presenting Sponsor
- Whitecaps Big Inning Ends Dragons Winning Streak at 10