Chiefs Add Salute to Service Promotion for May 30
PEORIA, IL - Due to the intermittent rain last Saturday, the Peoria Chiefs have announced an additional military appreciation night, Salute to Service, with all veterans getting free tickets on Thursday, May 30 and the Chiefs players will wear USA themed patriotic jerseys featuring the Statue of Liberty and the American flag. The May 30 game starts at 6:35 p.m. and is also a Beer & Brat Thirsty Thursday and Teacher Appreciation Night with post-game fireworks.
Active military always get in free at Dozer Park and on May 30, military veterans also get one free ticket with a valid ID. The Chiefs will recognize members of all military branches between an inning as well.
The Chiefs players and coaches will wear the specialty patriotic jerseys on May 30 and again on July 3. The jerseys will be auctioned after the July 3 game with proceeds benefitting Gold Star Families. Fans can sign up to bid on the jerseys at Chiefs.gesture.com or by texting CHIEFS to 52182.
"The weather wasn't perfect on Saturday and we want to invite our veterans and active military back to Dozer Park for another recognition and as a thank you for everything they do to keep us safe on a daily basis," said Chiefs General Manager Jason Mott. "Hopefully mother nature cooperates on the 30th and we can wear the awesome patriotic jerseys and have a big event thanking our military and our area teachers for all they do in the community."
Veterans can get a ticket at the Dozer Park box office while area teachers can call 309-680-4000 for their Teacher Appreciation Night tickets. The regular Thirsty Thursday specials ($2 domestic beers, $3 brats and margaritas and $4 craft beers) will be in effect and there will be post-game fireworks from Central States Fireworks. The 6:35 p.m. game against Kane County ends a three-game series and homestand before Dozer Park hosts the IHSA Class 1A and 2A boys baseball State Finals May 31 and June 1.
Tickets and Promotions:
Individual game tickets, group tickets and season ticket packages, including full-season, a 35-game ticket package, an 18-game ticket package or a Flex Plan are currently on sale by calling 309-680-4000. Individual game tickets are also on sale with the Dozer Park Box Office open Monday - Friday from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm and online at www.peoriachiefs.com which also lists all of the season's promotions. Game times and promotions are subject to change.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Bounce Goes 'Caps Way in Walk-Off - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lofstrom, Marinan Lead Dragons to 7-3 Win and Doubleheader Split - Dayton Dragons
- Liberatore K's Eight in 4-3 Walk-Off Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Pitching Dazzles as Hot Homestand Continues - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Take Game One of Doubleheader 12-8 Over Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Drop Third Straight - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Flex Muscles to Stave off Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Salazar Swings Bandits to Fourth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels and Bees Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers Can't Crack Clinton and Fall 5-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Near No-Hitter Ends with Shutout Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Power Trip - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 21 vs. South Bend (Game 42) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add Salute to Service Promotion for May 30 - Peoria Chiefs
- The Ivy at Berlin Place Plaza Now Open - South Bend Cubs
- Kernels Beat Bees 6-0 in Series Opener - Burlington Bees
- Whitecaps Lose Lead, Game - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Albertos Debuts, But Cubs Fall to TinCaps 9-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Clinton Pitching Stymies Beloit in double-header - Beloit Snappers
- Ninth-Inning Rally Lifts Hot Rods to 5-4 Victory on Monday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Clinton Sweeps Doubleheader to Climb Over .500 - Clinton LumberKings
- Cardenas Muscles Captains to 3-2 Win - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Allow Five in Seventh in Loss to Bandits - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Chiefs Stories
- Chiefs Scholarship Applications Open Until March 4
- Almonte Returns as Chiefs Manager in 2020; Gabella & Martin Join Staff
- 2020 Game Times Announced & Chiefs Enter Copa as En El Rio de Peoria
- Chiefs Enter MiLB Copa Program for 2020 with En El Rio de Peoria Name
- Chiefs Finish Season with 5-2 Loss