The Ivy at Berlin Place Plaza Now Open
SOUTH BEND, IN - With less than 30 days until the 55th Annual Midwest League All-Star Game comes to South Bend, the new plaza that connects Four Winds Field and Downtown South Bend is now open.
The area between buildings one and three of The Ivy at Berlin Place has more than doubled the original walkway space that was installed in 2011 as part of the renovation of then Stanley Coveleski Regional Stadium.
"With summer just around the corner and fans flocking to Four Winds Field, it's great to have our main entrance open with all the additional space," said South Bend Cubs General Manager Nick Brown. "As Memorial Day weekend is typically the unofficial kickoff to summer, having the increased accessibility of Gate D will make getting to the ballpark easier on one of our busiest weekends."
The South Bend Cubs return to Four Winds Field to face division rivals West Michigan Friday through Monday and Lake County Tuesday through Thursday. Fans are reminded that Sunday's game is a special 7:05 p.m. start with gates opening at 5:00 p.m. and fireworks after the game. Monday's Memorial Day game will begin at 2:05 p.m. with gates opening at 12:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchase at the South Bend Cubs Box Office, by calling 574-235-9988.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Bounce Goes 'Caps Way in Walk-Off - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Lofstrom, Marinan Lead Dragons to 7-3 Win and Doubleheader Split - Dayton Dragons
- Liberatore K's Eight in 4-3 Walk-Off Loss to Whitecaps - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Pitching Dazzles as Hot Homestand Continues - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Take Game One of Doubleheader 12-8 Over Peoria - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Drop Third Straight - Kane County Cougars
- Loons Flex Muscles to Stave off Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Salazar Swings Bandits to Fourth Straight Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kernels and Bees Postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Snappers Can't Crack Clinton and Fall 5-0 - Beloit Snappers
- Near No-Hitter Ends with Shutout Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Power Trip - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 21 vs. South Bend (Game 42) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- Chiefs Add Salute to Service Promotion for May 30 - Peoria Chiefs
- The Ivy at Berlin Place Plaza Now Open - South Bend Cubs
- Kernels Beat Bees 6-0 in Series Opener - Burlington Bees
- Whitecaps Lose Lead, Game - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Albertos Debuts, But Cubs Fall to TinCaps 9-1 - South Bend Cubs
- Stellar Clinton Pitching Stymies Beloit in double-header - Beloit Snappers
- Ninth-Inning Rally Lifts Hot Rods to 5-4 Victory on Monday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Clinton Sweeps Doubleheader to Climb Over .500 - Clinton LumberKings
- Cardenas Muscles Captains to 3-2 Win - Lake County Captains
- Cougars Allow Five in Seventh in Loss to Bandits - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- Ribbon Cut for First All-New Residential Housing in South Bend's Renaissance District in More Than Half a Century
- South Bend Cubs Offer 2020 Black Friday Sales
- South Bend Cubs to Become Los Cabritos Maldichos for Select Games in 2020
- South Bend Cubs to Host 5th Annual Holiday Extravaganza December 7
- South Bend Cubs to Offer Championship Ticket Packages