Dragons Notes for Tuesday
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 l Game # 18
Classic Park l Eastlake, Ohio l 6:30 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (6-11) at Lake County Captains (11-6)
RH James Marinan (0-1, 3.95) vs. RH Juan Mota (0-2, 7.71)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lake County Captains (affiliate of the Cleveland Indians) in the second game of a three-game set. This is game five of a six-game, seven-day road trip for Dayton.
Current Record on Trip: 1-3. 2019 Record vs. Lake County: 1-2.
Last Game: Monday: Lake County 5, Dayton 4. The Captains erased a 4-0 deficit, tying the game in the seventh and breaking the tie in the eighth. The Dragons hit two home runs including a long blast by Mariel Bautista to open the game and a solo shot from Reniel Ozuna in the fifth. Bautista had two hits and two RBI for the Dragons.
The Dragons have held the lead in 14 of their 17 games this season. They have lost one game in which they led by four runs and another when they led by three runs. They have lost two games (both in Fort Wayne) in which they took a lead of at least two runs to the eighth inning. They have led in six of their eight road losses and have led by multiple runs in four of the eight.
The Dragons have hit seven home runs over the last six games after connecting on just three homers in their first 11 games. They have 25 extra base hits in their last seven games (3.6 per game) after collecting 18 in their first 10 games (1.8 per game).
Jonathan Willems over his last eight games is 11 for 26 (.423) with a home run and three doubles.
Mariel Bautista over his last six games is 8 for 25 (.320) with three home runs and six RBI. He is tied for fourth in the MWL in HR (4).
Miguel Hernandez has a six-game hitting streak, going 8 for 22 (.364) with two doubles.
Pabel Manzanero over his last four games is 7 for 17 (.412) with a home run and two doubles.
Jay Schuyler has a six-game hitting streak, going 7 for 23 (.304).
Injury Note: Dragons starting pitcher Jacob Heatherly left Saturday's game after throwing only nine pitches due to shoulder tightness. He will not make his next scheduled start on Friday. No estimate on the length of Heatherly's absence has been given.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, April 24 (12:00 noon): Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (0-2, 5.73) at Lake County RH Shane McCarthy (2-1, 1.69)
Thursday, April 25 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes TBA at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (0-1, 5.25)
Friday, April 26 (7:00 p.m.): Great Lakes TBA at Dayton TBA
Saturday, April 27 (7:08 p.m.): Great Lakes TBA at Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (1-1, 3.32) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 23, 2019
- Cougars, Pitching Staff Remain Hot - Kane County Cougars
- Cubs Leave Bases Loaded in 9th in 6-5 Loss to Lansing - South Bend Cubs
- 'Caps Dig Deep for 4-3 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Rally Again, But Nuts Have Last Laugh - Lansing Lugnuts
- Fight to the Finish - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Continue Military Appreciation Night in 2019 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Manzanero Blasts Three Home Runs as Dragons Win, 7-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Cedar Rapids Splits Tuesday Twin Bill - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Kernels Hold Off Wisconsin To Earn Split in Tuesdayâ??s Twinbill - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- River Bandits Move Series Opener to Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- Snappers Fall to LumberKings to Force Rubber Match - Beloit Snappers
- Seijas Fans Seven as Chiefs Shutout for First Time in 2019 - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Fall to TinCaps 8-7 on Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hansen and Freure One-Hit Chiefs in 8-0 Victory - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Reynolds Homers in Clinton Come from Behind Win - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Win a Slugfest to Even Series - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Wisconsin Wins Game One and Holds Cedar Rapids to One Hit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Homestand Preview for April 25-28 - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- RHP Riley Cabral transferred from extended spring training to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons Notes for Tuesday - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 23 vs. Bowling Green (Game 18) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Four-Run Eighth Sinks LumberKings - Clinton LumberKings
- Kane County Takes First Game of Series over Bees, 4-1 - Burlington Bees
- Beloit Mounts 8th Inning Comeback to Defeat Clinton - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Former Dragons Earn Reds Minor League Awards
- Ticket Sales Begin Friday for Nitro Circus in Dayton
- Nitro Circus Tour Coming to Fifth Third Field in 2020
- Dragons Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Dayton Business Journal Selects Dayton Dragons, Robert Murphy for Community Awards