Dragons 5K Flash Deal & Orthopedic Associates Returning as Presenting Sponsor
Dayton, Ohio - The annual Dragons 5K presented by Orthopedic Associates is coming up on Saturday, July 20 at 8:00am at Fifth Third Field. The event began in 2011 and has become a local tradition as one of the larger races in the Miami Valley region, averaging over 2,000 participants each year.
Dragons 5K: Flash Deal
For anyone that has not signed up for the Dragons 5K, people can sign up during the period of June 14 through June 30 and receive 2 BONUS stadium seat tickets to a Dragons game in July.
Just for signing up, all Dragons 5K participants will receive four (4) tickets to a Dragons game, neon green Dragons 5K shirt, Dragons hat, NEW finisher's medal and entry to the post-race party inside the stadium for themselves and their supporters. The cost is $25 for adults thru July 14, $30 the week of the race, and $15 for youth age 17 and under.
Fans can sign up online at www.daytondragons.com/dragons5ksignup or by visiting the box office at Fifth Third Field between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The race will begin at 8:00 a.m. and participants may choose to run or walk the course. Baby strollers are also permitted. The course will move through downtown Dayton and end back at the ballpark for a post-race party.
The post-race fun includes fruit and water for participants, a kid's obstacle course, face painters, inflatable games, an appearance by Heater and Gem, health and wellness booths, and more activities for the whole family. There will be an awards ceremony following the race where top overall, individual age group, and group prizes will be given out. You can learn more about the Dragons 5K event at www.daytondragons.com/dragons5k.
Orthopedic Associates Returning as Dragons 5K Presenting Sponsor
The Dayton Dragons also announced today that Orthopedic Associates is returning as the presenting sponsor of the Dragons 5K on Saturday, July 20, 2019.
"The Dragons 5K has become a tradition at Fifth Third Field and we are very excited to have Orthopedic Associates returning as the presenting sponsor this year," said Robert Murphy, President & General Manager of the Dayton Dragons. "Orthopedic Associates have been the trusted orthopedic provider for the Dayton Dragons team so we are excited for our fans to get to know their amazing staff."
Dr. Jan Saunders, DO, FAOAO and a Team Physician for the Dayton Dragons said, "we are proud to be the trusted orthopedic provider for the Dragons and to serve families throughout the region. The Dragons 5K is a wonderful opportunity to bring everyone together for a fun family experience."
The 2019 Dragons 5K is being presented by Orthopedic Associates. As the regional leader in comprehensive orthopedic care, our passion is helping Dayton's families get back to doing what they love. We are proud to be the trusted orthopedic provider serving your Dayton Dragons for more than a decade. Learn more at www.OAdoctors.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2019
- Bees Trim Wild Card Race to Two Games with 7-6 Win - Burlington Bees
- Cubs Open Series at Whitecaps with 5-3 Win - South Bend Cubs
- Magic Number Down to One Despite Loss - Lake County Captains
- Big Fourth Inning Gives Chiefs Win Against Burlington - Peoria Chiefs
- River Bandits Come up Just Short in 3-2 Loss to Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Fans Enjoy Fireworks in 5-3 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Winder, Molina Cut Down LumberKings - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Timber Rattlers Homer Their Way Past Quad Cities - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kennedy Homers in Series-Opening Loss - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Lose 10th Inning Lead, Fall to Loons 4-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Four-Run Inning Propels Snappers to Series Opener Win - Beloit Snappers
- Extra Baseball Leads to Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Betts Homers, Hot Rods Lose Late Lead in 3-2 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Encarnacion Homers in Clinton 3-1 Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Season-High Crowd Watches TinCaps Slug Their Way to Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Play Spoiler, Rally Past Hot Rods - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Add Reliever Paulino - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 14 vs. Lake County (Game 66) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay & Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons 5K Flash Deal & Orthopedic Associates Returning as Presenting Sponsor - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps Win, 'Caps Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Snappers shut out Quad Cities in Game 1, can't hang on in nightcap - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Split Twin Bill in Beloit - Quad Cities River Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Ticket Sales Begin Friday for Nitro Circus in Dayton
- Nitro Circus Tour Coming to Fifth Third Field in 2020
- Dragons Announce 2020 Coaching Staff
- Dayton Business Journal Selects Dayton Dragons, Robert Murphy for Community Awards
- Dragons to Conduct Auditions for Green Team, Mascot Performers, On-Field Hosts on November 2