Detroit Assigns Lashoff to Grand Rapids
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday assigned defenseman Brian Lashoff to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
??The 28-year-old Lashoff has not skated for Detroit this season but has played in 123 career games with the Red Wings since 2012-13, tallying 13 points (2-11-13) and 57 penalty minutes. He became the 126th Griffins alumnus to play in the NHL when he debuted with Detroit and registered his first goal in the same game on Jan. 21, 2013 at Columbus. Lashoff has also appeared in eight Stanley Cup Playoff games.
??A 6-foot-3, 221-pound blueliner, Lashoff has accounted for seven points (0-7-7), a plus-two rating and 21 PIM in 26 games with the Griffins this season. A native of Albany, N.Y., Lashoff ranks second in Griffins history in both regular season and postseason games played and is one of three players to be a part of both the 2017 and 2013 Calder Cup championships. Making his debut with Grand Rapids during the 2008-09 campaign, he has accounted for 91 points (21-70-91), a plus-18 rating and 215 PIM in 426 regular season contests while showing 19 points (5-14-19) and 34 PIM in 73 Calder Cup Playoff appearances.
??The Griffins return to Van Andel Arena tomorrow and Saturday to host the Belleville Senators for the first time ever.
?Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Join the Griffins for Toy Night and a Rubik's Cube Giveaway against Milwaukee Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz to Host Book Signing at Hogs Game February 1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Detroit Assigns Lashoff to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manning Recalled, Iacopelli Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Third Straight Three-Game Weekend Opens on Home Ice Friday vs. Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Comes to Tucson for 1-2-3 Food Night and Harry Potter Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blues Recall Mackenzie MacEachern - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Beat Cleveland for First Time in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Jean-Francois Berube from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Reassign Cederholm and Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Recall Cornell, Gillam from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Fall to San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Roll Past Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Goals Aplenty in Gulls' 7-4 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Quine Nets Three But Heat Fall 7-4 to San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Tie for Second in Division with 3-1 Win over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Defeated by San Antonio 5-4 Wednesday Night - Iowa Wild
- Stars Extend Home Point Streak in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- MacEachern Scores Twice in Record-Setting Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Lose for First Time in 2019 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.