Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Jean-Francois Berube from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters announced Thursday that the team's NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, recalled goaltender Jean-Francois Berube from Cleveland. A 6'1", 176 lb. left-catching native of Repentigny, QC, Berube, 27, was selected by the Los Angeles Kings in the fourth round (95th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and supplied a record of 11-10-3 with a 2.94 goals-against average (GAA) and a .899 save percentage (S%) in 24 appearances for the Monsters this season.
In 34 career NHL appearances spanning parts of three seasons from 2015-18 with the New York Islanders and the Chicago Blackhawks, Berube posted a 9-10-4 record with a 3.39 GAA and a .898 S%. In 149 career AHL appearances spanning parts of seven seasons from 2009-19 with the Manchester Monarchs, Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Rockford IceHogs and Cleveland, Berube contributed a record of 89-48-7 with eight shutouts, a 2.40 GAA and a .912 S% and helped Manchester claim the 2015 Calder Cup as AHL Playoff Champions. In parts of two ECHL seasons with the Ontario Reign from 2011-13, Berube notched a 32-19-6 record with five shutouts, a 2.62 GAA and a .908 S%.
Prior to his proessional career, Berube logged a record of 55-37-10 with five shutouts, a 2.77 GAA and a .901 S% in 115 QMJHL appearances for the Montreal Juniors spanning parts of three seasons from 2008-11.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Friday road clash vs. the Syracuse Crunch with full coverage, live from Onondaga County War Memorial Arena in Syracuse, NY, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
Cleveland Monsters Holiday Packs are on sale now and include exclusive Monsters Holiday socks, a Monsters snow globe and equal number of Disney on Ice tickets at The Q! Holiday Packs start as low as $54 and can be purchased today by visiting www.clevelandmonsters.com/holiday or by calling the Monsters sales and service team at 216-420-0000. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Join the Griffins for Toy Night and a Rubik's Cube Giveaway against Milwaukee Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz to Host Book Signing at Hogs Game February 1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Detroit Assigns Lashoff to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manning Recalled, Iacopelli Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Third Straight Three-Game Weekend Opens on Home Ice Friday vs. Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Comes to Tucson for 1-2-3 Food Night and Harry Potter Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blues Recall Mackenzie MacEachern - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Beat Cleveland for First Time in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Jean-Francois Berube from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Reassign Cederholm and Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Recall Cornell, Gillam from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Fall to San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Roll Past Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Goals Aplenty in Gulls' 7-4 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Quine Nets Three But Heat Fall 7-4 to San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Tie for Second in Division with 3-1 Win over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Defeated by San Antonio 5-4 Wednesday Night - Iowa Wild
- Stars Extend Home Point Streak in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- MacEachern Scores Twice in Record-Setting Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Lose for First Time in 2019 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Stymied in 1-0 Road Loss to Rocket
- Blue Jackets Assign Gabriel Carlsson, Kole Sherwood to Monsters
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters
- Comeback Falls Short for Monsters in 5-4 Loss to Devils
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters