Manning Recalled, Iacopelli Reassigned to Indy
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs today announced they have recalled defenseman Neil Manning from their ECHL affiliate, the Indy Fuel, and reassigned forward Matheson Iacopelli to Indy.
Manning, 27, has spent the majority of the season with the Fuel, tallying 17 points (2g, 15a) in 30 ECHL games. He leads all Indy defenseman in scoring and assists, and his +11 plus/minus rating is second overall on the team. Manning has also posted two point streaks of four or more games this year, including a season-best streak in which he notched two goals and four assists over a six-game stretch.
The Nanaimo, British Columbia native returns to Rockford where he has skated in three AHL games with the IceHogs this season. He made his AHL debut on Nov. 4 at Iowa and last skated with the team on Jan. 6 vs. the Wild.
Iacopelli, 24, has tallied two goals and two assists in 25 AHL games during his second full season with the IceHogs. He opened the campaign with points in back-to-back games (1g, 1a) and most recently picked up an assist on Rockford's lone goal during a 2-1 loss at Grand Rapids on Dec. 31.
The Woodhaven, Michigan was originally selected by Chicago in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft. He made his pro debut with the Hogs during the 2016-17 campaign and has combined for 27 points (14g, 13a) in 83 career AHL games with Rockford, and 10 points (9g, 1a) in 10 career ECHL games with Indy.
NEXT HOME GAME: Jan. 18 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs take the Grand Rapids Griffins on Fleece Blanket Giveaway Night. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a free IceHogs fleece blanket, courtesy of Dental Dimensions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 10, 2019
- Join the Griffins for Toy Night and a Rubik's Cube Giveaway against Milwaukee Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz to Host Book Signing at Hogs Game February 1 - Rockford IceHogs
- Detroit Assigns Lashoff to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manning Recalled, Iacopelli Reassigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds' Third Straight Three-Game Weekend Opens on Home Ice Friday vs. Bears - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Chicago Comes to Tucson for 1-2-3 Food Night and Harry Potter Night - Tucson Roadrunners
- Blues Recall Mackenzie MacEachern - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Beat Cleveland for First Time in Franchise History - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Recall Goaltender Jean-Francois Berube from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Moose Reassign Cederholm and Woods - Manitoba Moose
- Sound Tigers Recall Cornell, Gillam from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Reign Fall to San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Roll Past Reign 3-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Goals Aplenty in Gulls' 7-4 Victory - San Diego Gulls
- Quine Nets Three But Heat Fall 7-4 to San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Tie for Second in Division with 3-1 Win over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa Defeated by San Antonio 5-4 Wednesday Night - Iowa Wild
- Stars Extend Home Point Streak in 3-2 Victory - Texas Stars
- MacEachern Scores Twice in Record-Setting Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Lose for First Time in 2019 - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Ads Surge Late to Sail Away with 8-2 Win
- Ads Use Three-Goal First to Punch Hole Through Hogs
- Hogs Host Alumni Night, Dri-Fit Quarter Zip Giveaway Saturday
- Meet IceHogs Alumni & Win Blackhawks Tickets Friday at Owly Oop
- Delia Dials In, Schroeder Stars in Shootout to Defeat Wolves