Desmond Bergin Returned to Thunder
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that defenseman Desmond Bergin has been released from his PTO with the American Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals.
Bergin, 25, saw action in two games for Milwaukee, collecting 2 PIM and a plus-one rating. The stint was his third in the American League this season after previously playing under a pair of PTO's with the Providence Bruins earlier this year. The Natick, MA native has appeared in a combined eight AHL games this year, registering 4 PIM and a plus-two rating.
The Harvard University product is in his second year with Adirondack where he has accumulated 12 points (4g-8a) in 21 ECHL games so far this season. Bergin led all Thunder defensemen in scoring during the 2017-2018 campaign when he totaled 43 points (15g-28a) while adding an additional seven points in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The Thunder are back home for a trio of games this week - the Wheeling Nailers make their first and only trip to Glens Falls this season for a pair of matchups on Wednesday and Friday evenings. Adirondack then hosts the Brampton Beats Saturday night for "Family Fun Night" at Cool Insuring Arena. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 13, 2019
- First Period Blitz Pushes Allen Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Three Straight Goals K-Wings Past Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Desmond Bergin Returned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Fight Back to Win in North Charleston - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Edge OT Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Lynch Lifts Nailers to Overtime Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Win Third Straight After 4-2 Home Win over the Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Pair of Askew Goals Not Enough for SC in Loss to IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall Short in 4-2 Loss to Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Tianulin's Hat-Trick Powers Beast Past Mariners - Brampton Beast
- Jared Vanwormer Returns to Mavericks After AHL Stint - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 13 - ECHL
- Bad Start Sinks Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Hit Halfway Point against Komets, Dirk Rejoins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brian Ward Reassigned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Rally for a 4-3 Win in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Take Three-Game Weekend with 5-3 Win over Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- First Period Slips Away in Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Skate to 5-4 Shootout Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tulsa Sweeps Rapid City with Second Straight 5-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.