First Period Blitz Pushes Allen Past Thunder
Wichita, KS - Allen used a five-goal third period and cruised past Wichita on Sunday afternoon by the final of 8-3 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Jakob Stukel led the way for the Thunder with three assists while Jesse Gabrielle, Mark MacMillan and Dominic Zombo scored the Thunder.
The Americans got off to a quick start, scoring three goals in the first 3:39 of the game. Dante Salituro, Mitch Maloney and Braylen Shmyr each scored for the visitors. Riley Bourbonnais and Maloney increased the lead to 5-0 with goals just over a minute apart.
In the second, Allen added three more as David Makowski, Chase Lang and Zach Pochiro found the back of the net. Allen went 4-for-7 on the man advantage with three of the four coming in the second frame. Jesse Gabrielle broke the shutout bid at 12:41 of the second with a wrist shot from the slot.
MacMillan and Zombo added markers in the third period to make it 8-3, but that would be all the scoring in the contest.
Zombo netted his first of the season. Gabrielle recorded his eighth of the year while MacMillan notched his 11th.
The Thunder have the week off and will resume play on Friday, January 18th against the Kansas City Mavericks at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 13, 2019
- First Period Blitz Pushes Allen Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Three Straight Goals K-Wings Past Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Desmond Bergin Returned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Fight Back to Win in North Charleston - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Edge OT Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Lynch Lifts Nailers to Overtime Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Win Third Straight After 4-2 Home Win over the Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Pair of Askew Goals Not Enough for SC in Loss to IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall Short in 4-2 Loss to Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Tianulin's Hat-Trick Powers Beast Past Mariners - Brampton Beast
- Jared Vanwormer Returns to Mavericks After AHL Stint - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 13 - ECHL
- Bad Start Sinks Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Hit Halfway Point against Komets, Dirk Rejoins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brian Ward Reassigned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Rally for a 4-3 Win in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Take Three-Game Weekend with 5-3 Win over Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- First Period Slips Away in Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Skate to 5-4 Shootout Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tulsa Sweeps Rapid City with Second Straight 5-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.