First Period Slips Away in Loss to Allen
Wichita, KS - Wichita jumped out to a three-goal lead on Saturday night, but fell to Allen by the final of 4-3 at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Ralph Cuddemi netted two goals and Steven Iacobellis potted his 13th of the season.
Cuddemi got the scoring started just 2:07 into the first with assists to Colin Larkin and Eric Roy. He made it 2-0 at 5:14 with his 18th of the year. Over a minute later, Iacobellis continued the first period scoring barrage to make it 3-0 with a shot from the left circle.
Allen started the comeback bid at 18:18 of the second when Mitch Maloney got to a loose puck near the crease and banged it home to make it 3-1.
In the third, Chase Lang made it 3-2 with a goal at 1:52. Alex Breton scored on the power play at 5:51 and tied the game at three. Spencer Asuchak gave the Americans the lead for good at 16:58 as he beat Stuart Skinner from the deep slot off the rush for his 13th of the year. Wichita didn't a chance to pull Skinner for the extra attacker and the final horn sounded.
Iacobellis has points in six-straight games. Cuddemi recorded his second multi-goal game of the year.
The two teams face each other one more time tomorrow afternoon starting at 4:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 13, 2019
- First Period Blitz Pushes Allen Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Three Straight Goals K-Wings Past Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Desmond Bergin Returned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Fight Back to Win in North Charleston - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Edge OT Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Lynch Lifts Nailers to Overtime Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Win Third Straight After 4-2 Home Win over the Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Pair of Askew Goals Not Enough for SC in Loss to IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall Short in 4-2 Loss to Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Tianulin's Hat-Trick Powers Beast Past Mariners - Brampton Beast
- Jared Vanwormer Returns to Mavericks After AHL Stint - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 13 - ECHL
- Bad Start Sinks Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Hit Halfway Point against Komets, Dirk Rejoins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brian Ward Reassigned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Rally for a 4-3 Win in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Take Three-Game Weekend with 5-3 Win over Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- First Period Slips Away in Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Skate to 5-4 Shootout Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tulsa Sweeps Rapid City with Second Straight 5-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.