Brian Ward Reassigned to Thunder
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that forward Brian Ward has been reassigned to the Thunder from the AHL's Binghamton Devils.
Ward, 26, saw action in 12 games for the Devils, registering two points, including his first career American Hockey League goal in the second period of last night's 5-3 win for the Devils.
With Adirondack, the 6-foot-1 center has put up nine points (5g-4a), 51 PIM and a plus-four rating in 19 games played to start the season.
The Haverhill, Massachusetts native has now seen action with five different American League clubs over the course of his career - the Charlotte Checkers, Albany Devils, Utica Comets, Providence Bruins and Binghamton Devils. Ward has appeared in 24 career AHL contests totaling four points (1g-3a), 8 PIM and an even rating.
The Thunder are home for a trio of games this week on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The Wheeling Nailers pay their first and only visit of the year to Glens Falls for the first pair of those games while Adirondack plays host to the Brampton Beast Saturday night for "Family Fun Night" at Cool Insuring Arena. For the latest Thunder news, follow the team on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @ECHLThunder.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 13, 2019
- First Period Blitz Pushes Allen Past Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Three Straight Goals K-Wings Past Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Desmond Bergin Returned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- IceMen Fight Back to Win in North Charleston - Jacksonville IceMen
- Nailers Edge OT Win over the Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Lynch Lifts Nailers to Overtime Victory - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Win Third Straight After 4-2 Home Win over the Monarchs - Worcester Railers HC
- Pair of Askew Goals Not Enough for SC in Loss to IceMen - South Carolina Stingrays
- Monarchs Fall Short in 4-2 Loss to Railers - Manchester Monarchs
- Tianulin's Hat-Trick Powers Beast Past Mariners - Brampton Beast
- Jared Vanwormer Returns to Mavericks After AHL Stint - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 13 - ECHL
- Bad Start Sinks Mariners in Brampton - Maine Mariners
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, January 13 - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Day: K-Wings Hit Halfway Point against Komets, Dirk Rejoins K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brian Ward Reassigned to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Rally for a 4-3 Win in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Steelheads Take Three-Game Weekend with 5-3 Win over Walleye - Idaho Steelheads
- First Period Slips Away in Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Skate to 5-4 Shootout Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Tulsa Sweeps Rapid City with Second Straight 5-1 Win - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Home Goals Add up to $2,750 Donation to Backpack Program
- Thunder Announce Departure of Communications Director
- Adirondack's Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Manchester
- Thunder Extend Season with Dramatic Come-From-Behind Win in Game 4
- Six Unanswered Lead Monarchs to 2-0 Series Lead