Contract Extension for Romell Quioto
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Monday that forward Romell Quioto has agreed to a two-year contract extension with the club, with an option for 2023.
The Honduras international topped the team in goals scored and assists during the 2020 MLS regular season, tallying eight goals and six assists in 19 games, including 17 starts, and 1,483 minutes of play. His goal total was a personal best for him in MLS. Quioto also scored a goal in the MLS Cup playoffs, on November 20 against the New England Revolution, playing the full 90 minutes.
"We are happy to announce this contract extension for Romell, because it was important that he stayed with us," declared Montreal Impact sporting director Olivier Renard. "All year long he has proved his value on the pitch through his performances, but also with his winning and leader mentality. That's the fruit of his labor, now it's up to him to continue that work in order to achieve the club's goals in the years to come."
Quioto, 29, has played four seasons in MLS, tallying 15 goals and 17 assists in 72 regular season matches during his previous three-year tenure with the Houston Dynamo. Beforehand, the Rio Esteban native had played three and a half seasons with CD Olimpia, in the Honduran Liga Nacional. On the international stage, Quioto has scored eight goals in 47 matches with the Honduran national team.
Transaction: Forward Romell Quioto signs a new two-year contract with the Montreal Impact, with an option for 2023.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.