Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC announced today that forwards Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller have received international call-ups from the U.S. Men's National Team, a first for both. The City duo will join Gregg Berhalter's 22-player camp ahead of the USMNT's international friendly against El Salvador on Dec. 9 in Fort Lauderdale at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The match will be the USMNT's last competition of 2020 and will be televised on an ESPN network, UniMas and TUDN.
Dike, who was selected by City fifth overall in the 2020 MLS SuperDraft, contributed to 12 total goals in his rookie season. His eight goals ranked second most on the team, while his four assists were the fourth most of any Lion in 2020. The Edmond, Okla. native was voted MLS Player of the Month in August after netting three goals and providing two helpers over a three-match span and was also named a finalist for the AT&T MLS Young Player of the Year.
A native of Schaumburg, Illinois, Mueller led the Lions in total goal contributions for the 2020 Major League Soccer season, netting a team-high 10 goals and providing a second-best seven helpers this year. Through 83 appearances (56 starts), the forward has scored a total of 18 goals and added 18 assists so far in his City career.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Lions Mount Late Rally But Fall to Columbus on the Road
- Nani Ranks 11th as MLS Unveils 2021 Best-Selling Jerseys
- Orlando City Travels to Face Columbus Crew on Wednesday
- Nani, Daryl Dike Score in Lions' 2-2 Draw with New England
- Orlando City Hosts New England Revolution on Sunday