Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC announced today that the Club has declined the 2021 contract option for midfielder Brandt Bronico.
"We would like to thank Brandt for his contributions to the Club," said Chicago Fire FC Sporting Director Georg Heitz. "He is a true professional and we wish him nothing but the best moving forward."
Bronico was originally drafted by the Fire as the No. 47 overall pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft. In four seasons with the Club, the midfielder made 66 appearances (40 starts), tallying two goals and eight assists. Bronico, 25, is now eligible to participate in the MLS Re-Entry Draft, which will take place on Thursday, Dec. 17 (Stage 1) and Tuesday, Dec. 22 (Stage 2).
Chicago currently has 29 players under contract for next season. Below is the Fire's current 2021 roster.
Goalkeeper (4): Chris Brady, Kenneth Kronholm, Bobby Shuttleworth, Gabriel Slonina
Defender (11): Jonathan Bornstein, Francisco Calvo, Jhon Espinoza, Johan Kappelhof, Miguel Navarro, Wyatt Omsberg, Mauricio Pineda, Andre Reynolds II, Boris SekuliÄ, Nicholas Slonina, Carlos TerÃ¡n
Midfielder (12): Ignacio Aliseda, Javier Casas Jr., Elliot Collier, PrzemysÅaw Frankowski, Gastón Giménez, Brian Gutiérrez, Fabian Herbers, Ãlvaro MedrÃ¡n, Djordje MihailoviÄ, Alex Monis, Allan RodrÃguez, Luka StojanoviÄ
Forward (2): Robert BeriÄ, Chinonso Offor
Transaction: Chicago Fire FC declines the 2021 contract option on midfielder Brandt Bronico.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Becomes First Professional Sports Team to Partner with Illinois Diversity Council
- Chicago Fire FC and D.C. United Battle to 2-2 Draw at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Second Annual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
- Chicago Fire FC Adds Midfielder Stanislav Ivanov to Active Roster
- Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week