New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls announced today end of year roster decisions following the conclusion of the 2020 season. The Red Bulls have exercised options on eight players and declined the options on five, with one player out of contract. An additional 14 players are already under contract for next season.
Media Note: Head of Sport Kevin Thelwell will be available via video conference on Wednesday, December 2. Media members should RSVP with Red Bulls Communications to receive full call-in details.
The Red Bulls exercised options on defenders Kyle Duncan and Sean Nealis, midfielders Sean Davis, Kaku, Jared Stroud, Daniel Royer and Florian Valot, as well as forward Tom Barlow.
New York declined options on defender Patrick Seagrist, midfielders Chris Lema, Ben Mines and Marc Rzatkowski.
The club declined an option to purchase forward Samuel Tetteh.
Goalkeeper Kendall McIntosh is out of contract.
"For our players departing, we'd like to thank them for their hard work and professionalism during their time with the club," said Head of Sport Kevin Thelwell. "As we move forward into next season, we have clear focus on recruiting players that fit our philosophy, improve our squad, and help push us towards our goal of competing for the Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup."
The current roster, including exercised options and players under contract, is as follows:
Current Roster as of Nov 30, 2020
GK: David Jensen, Ryan Meara
Defenders: Kyle Duncan, Mandela Egbo, Aaron Long, Sean Nealis, Tim Parker, Jason Pendant, Amro Tarek, John Tolkin
Midfielders: Cristian CÃ¡sseres Jr., Caden Clark, Sean Davis, Omir Fernandez, Kaku, Daniel Royer, Jared Stroud, Florian Valot, Dru Yearwood
Forwards: Tom Barlow, Mathias JÃ¸rgensen, Brian White
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- Red Bulls Travel to Lower.Com Field to Battle Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls Defeat New York City FC 1-0
- Red Bulls Welcome NYCFC to Red Bull Arena for Final New York Derby of 2021 Regular Season
- Red Bulls - Atlanta United Match Picked up by FS1 and FOX Deportes
- New York Begins Two-Match Homestand on Saturday with Inter Miami CF