MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience
November 30, 2020 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK (November 30, 2020) - Major League Soccer today announced changes to the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs schedule as the Western Conference Semifinal between Sporting Kansas City and Minnesota United FC moves one day to Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. ET (8:31 p.m. ET kickoff) and will be televised on FOX and FOX Deportes. This shift in scheduling is not a result of Covid-19.
As part of this move, the Western Conference Final will now take place one day later on Monday, Dec. 7 on FS1 to maintain a minimum of three days of rest for all clubs. In addition, the league confirmed Columbus Crew SC will host the New England Revolution in the Eastern Conference Final on Sunday, Dec. 6 at 3 pm on ABC.
Along with the coverage from U.S.-based networks, the entire Audi MLS Cup Playoffs and 2020 MLS Cup will be carried live in Canada -- in English on TSN and in French on TVA Sports.
The Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs will culminate the intensity of the postseason with MLS Cup on Saturday, Dec. 12 at 8 p.m. ET (8:38 p.m. ET kickoff) on FOX, UniMÃ¡s/TUDN, TSN, TVA Sports, and in more than 190 countries around the world.
The updated Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs and 2020 MLS Cup broadcast schedule can be found below.
Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule
All times Eastern.
Western Conference Semifinals (2 games)
(One single-elimination game, winners advance to Conference Final)
Tuesday, Dec. 1
9:30 p.m. Seattle Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas (FS1/FOX Deportes, TSN, TVA Sports)
Thursday, Dec. 3
8:00 p.m. Sporting Kansas City vs. Minnesota United (FOX/FOX Deportes, TSN, TVA Sports)
Pregame show begins at 8 pm ET. Kickoff is 8:31 pm ET.
Eastern and Western Conference Final (2 games)
(One single-elimination game, winners advance to MLS Cup)
Sunday, Dec. 6
3:00 p.m. Columbus Crew SC vs. New England Revolution (ABC/ESPN Deportes, TSN, TVA Sports)
Monday, Dec. 7
TBD (FS1/FOX Deportes, TSN, TVA Sports)
2020 MLS Cup (1 game)
(Eastern Conference Champion vs. Western Conference Champion One single-elimination game that will crown the 2020 MLS Cup Champion.)
Saturday, Dec. 12
8 p.m. (FOX, UniMÃ¡s//TUDN, TSN, TVA Sports)
Pregame show begins at 8 pm ET. Kickoff is 8:38 pm ET
For more information about Audi 2020 MLS Cup playoffs, please reference the 2020 MLS Competition Guidelines. For 2020 Regular Season Standings, please visit www.MLSsoccer.com/Standings.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.